Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+99 Students
- A+97 Students
- B+79 Students
- B-73 Students
- A+65 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+48 Students
- B42 Students
- B39 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Communication & Media Arts High School Reviews
Review Communication & Media Arts High School
The school's groups aren't quite great. They do give a fair chance to play except for the basketball team. Certain clubs like gleek club push for the school to become better academically. The after school tutorials has to be one of the activities the principal really appreciates the most, because they really show improvement in students success. Journalism and yearbook staff members stay pretty focused on their work but they help the school too. These members also help teachers after school with activities such as grading papers, and preparing for after school events like parent teacher conferences.
Really this school is not all that unique. It's pretty basic except for the few teachers that care about the future of students. The staff members are petty and very attentive. The principal doesn't really allow students to have much fun, sometimes I understand why not but most likely I'm lost to as why she doesn't allow certain events. Choosing this school again would be a decision I would have to mediate on. One reason why I would choose this school is I love being around some teachers and administrators. They're some of the most positive people I've ever met in life. I enjoy the few events we do participate in. To some surprise the school doesn't have a lot of fighting going on, which I like because it shows that we as students can be molded into pretty discipline students. The schools athletic teams could use some help, they aren't the best teams in their divisions.
Teachers here are normally pretty strict and try to keep students on track. Some provide tips on how to improve life outside of school. Certain teachers use a nice approachment when it comes to the future pretaining to outside of school. Then there are some who give more harsh speeches showing the struggles in life but sometimes that's what it takes. Overall the teachers stress the point of going to after school tutorials and studying the correct way. More than once teachers have proven to me that they're here for you, even if it's to get something off your chest. There are teachers who fail to put grades in on time, out as a result they often seek teacher assistants. Many students may disagree with the style in which some teachers use to teach and argue it as being petty. If we as students put ourselves in their shoes we can understand that most teachers just want us to become the best we can be, of course some are really just petty.