Commack High School is a highly rated, public school located in COMMACK, NY. It has 2,254 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Commack High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-329 Students
- A310 Students
- A+184 Students
- B168 Students
- A+152 Students
- A+150 Students
- A146 Students
- B-145 Students
- A145 Students
- A145 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.107 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.119 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.120 responses
Schools like Commack High School
- ALocust Valley High School
- Locust Valley Central School District, NY
- 126 reviews
- ABethpage Senior High School
- Bethpage Union Free School District, NY
- 165 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 232 reviews
- A+Smithtown High School - Western Campus
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 296 reviews
Commack High School Reviews
Overall Commack High School has given me countless amazing academic opportunities such as being part of honor societies or taking IB/college level classes. Along with outstanding academics, there are also tons of clubs and sports to join so that everyone can fit in somewhere! staff is super helpful and involved with students and parents. My only critique is that there are often problems with the bathrooms, such as flooding. But, it is always taken care of within 24 hours.
Generaly speaking, as a member of the most recent graduates my experience at Commack High School was better then average. Furthermore, I say this because I have encountered amazing experiences with some teachers. Yet, I have also lacked some experiences with other teachers. In terms of administration, there decisions are predominantly indecisive and last minute. Specifically, the administration is indecisive in school closings and delays. However, it's clear that the administration has got better throughout the years. As for academics, Commack High School excels at them. My class (2018) is attending many paramount colleges such as John Hopkins, Cornell University, and Harvard University. Being that Commack offers many IB and AP classes these students can excel at there selected colleges. Although, the classes may be challenging they are worth it in the long run, and even can help finacially. Thus being, that Commack offers college credit for these classes at a beyond reduced rate.
Commack High School is an excellent school. It has a variety of classes to choose from, has something for everyone! The teachers are approachable, dedicated and caring. You can't ask for more helpful Deans and Guidance Counselors. There are a plethora of after school activities to choose from. It is a Gold Medal School, with APP and Baccalaureate classes. Inclusion classes as well. It is their goal to give every student the education they deserve.