Commack High School is a highly rated, public school located in Commack, NY. It has 2,254 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Commack High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-329 Students
- A-310 Students
- A+184 Students
- B168 Students
- A+152 Students
- A+150 Students
- A146 Students
- B-145 Students
- A145 Students
- A-145 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.107 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.119 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.120 responses
Schools like Commack High School
- ALocust Valley High School
- Locust Valley Central School District, NY
- 126 reviews
- ABethpage Senior High School
- Bethpage Union Free School District, NY
- 168 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 237 reviews
- A+Smithtown High School - Western Campus
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 302 reviews
Commack High School Reviews
Overall Commack High School has given me countless amazing academic opportunities such as being part of honor societies or taking IB/college level classes. Along with outstanding academics, there are also tons of clubs and sports to join so that everyone can fit in somewhere! staff is super helpful and involved with students and parents. My only critique is that there are often problems with the bathrooms, such as flooding. But, it is always taken care of within 24 hours.
Commack High School provides a welcoming environment to its students through its well trained staff. Its numerous clubs and course options allow students to have a positive and interactive experience. Regardless of what school you go to, students will encounter at least one teacher they have trouble with whether its because of their teaching style or personality. I feel that my school should have better protocol when it comes to removing a student from an ill environment in the classroom. For example, a friend of mine last year was unable to learn the material because she didn't understand the teachers teaching style and failed the midterm as a result.Unable to change teachers her transcript would now show that she dropped out of a class. I understand there is a problem with students changing teachers to be with friends, but there should be some sort of investigation of grades and the students relationship with teachers before a final answer is provided.
I only gave it a four star because, first off. They just took away some electives that are art related and some people like me need these electives such as fashion design to further experience what it’s like and an alibi for college. The school also just allows some of the rich kids to get away with detention just because they’re scared of getting sued. Other than that, commack is a great school. Most of my teachers were great and commack offers varieties of electives and clubs that some schools don’t have and they really prepare you for college.