Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Commack High School is a highly rated, public school located in Commack, NY. It has 2,187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Commack High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-410 Students
- A-383 Students
- A+229 Students
- B205 Students
- A+190 Students
- A186 Students
- A+184 Students
- B-177 Students
- B+170 Students
- A-170 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.72 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.72 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 228 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.111 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.111 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.124 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.123 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.124 responses
Schools like Commack High School
- ALocust Valley High School
- Locust Valley Central School District, NY
- 132 reviews
- ABethpage Senior High School
- Bethpage Union Free School District, NY
- 176 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 255 reviews
- A+Smithtown High School - Western Campus
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 323 reviews
Commack High School Reviews
I love going to school here! The staff constantly tries to improve themselves everyday! Teachers always try their best to ensure every student gets the help they need. Unfortunately they are lacking in language, I loved taking German one, but I can't continue with the program because it was cancelled. They also offer every sport their division allows and encourages students to get involved.
I am currently in my second year at Suffolk County Community College but I graduated from Commack High School in 2016. I truly enjoyed my years at this high school. Attending this high school is something I will never forget. It was overall such a great experience to attend. The staff and administration was beyond exceptional. The teachers always made the classes as exciting as could be possible, making each class interesting. The administrators never hesitated to help or listen when in need of assistance. They were also extremely welcoming and personable. They were people who truly made an effort to remember your name and face, despite the big amount of students who attended. Overall, the experience I had at Commack High School is truly an experience I'll never forget.
I had a generally positive experience throughout my years at Commack High. Many of the courses I have taken were rewarding, challenging, and generally well-taught. The staff is very helpful and happy to address any needs that I may have. Commack also has an excellent music program and student-musicians are provided with plenty of opportunities, such as ensembles and plays. There is a strong emphasis on the IB Diploma program and at times, it seems as if many of the students who want to take more academically rigorous courses are given no other alternative.