Colusa High School is a public school located in Colusa, CA. It has 371 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Colusa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+61 Students
- B45 Students
- C+39 Students
- A33 Students
- A-27 Students
- A25 Students
- A25 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Colusa High School
- CWilliams Junior Senior High School
- Williams Unified School District, CA
- 54 reviews
- B-Pierce High School
- Pierce Joint Unified School District, CA
- 32 reviews
- B-Maxwell High School
- Maxwell Unified School District, CA
- 35 reviews
- B+Sutter High School
- Sutter Union High School District, CA
- 104 reviews
Colusa High School Reviews
Colusa High School is a very good atmosphere! The staff is very caring and understanding. They want to always push you to be your best at all times. The counseling office staff are always welcoming and want to help you with college applications and applying for scholarships. The people at Colusa High School all have your best interest at heart. They work super hard in order to get you on the right track.
While the faculty has done their best with what funding they have, if you have a choice, do not come here. I agree with other users who have said your family name and level of activity in clubs/sports can greatly affect your experience at colusa high school. The academic culture here is poisonous, most students don't push themselves in their classes and never go on to college. The high school's only saving grace is the Environmental Science Academy and FBLA, to some extent.
Colusa High School is a small school with students from more or less the same backgrounds. The clubs and activities are tradition orientated and the faculty is helpful. It would be great, though, to see more student involvement.