Colusa High School is an above average, public school located in Colusa, CA. It has 400 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Colusa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+71 Students
- B59 Students
- C+47 Students
- A47 Students
- A-35 Students
- A33 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+29 Students
- A27 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Colusa High School
- CWilliams Junior Senior High School
- Williams Unified School District, CA
- 57 reviews
- B-Pierce High School
- Pierce Joint Unified School District, CA
- 34 reviews
- BMaxwell High School
- Maxwell Unified School District, CA
- 35 reviews
- B+Sutter High School
- Sutter Union High School District, CA
- 105 reviews
Colusa High School Reviews
For the past 3 years I have attended this school I would not consider it the worst, but also not the best. The academics are about average, the teaching is good though there can be a bit of conflicts between some teachers and students. The school itself is always nice and clean due to the janitors we've had working here for a very long time. The staff is very nice but there are others where they are very questionable and hard to understand. I say something that this school severely lacks is the act of treating athletes or students properly when it comes to sports. You have to be very well known in order to get good treatment or have a good opportunity in doing well in a sport. I personally have played multiple sports and i don't get the recognition i feel i deserve due to other players having a higher advantage due to who they are or depending on who they are related to.
My experience at Colusa High School was not too bad, from freshman year to my senior year definitely changed the way I am and view things. School can be stressed out but coming in as a freshmen I was nervous and the teachers and staff help me with the nerves I had. It took about a week then the nerves finally went away. Things I'd like to see change is the bathrooms, they are never cleaned good enough. Also some of the classrooms are old and we need some new desks because they are unbalanced, squeaky and broken.
Colusa High School has provided me with great opportunities and an amazing agenda of what is available. Whether you are interactive or more on the shy side, Colusa has options available. The people who work and manage the school are wonderful while the smiles you see every morning can brighten your own day. The attitudes are nor strict, but you can not walk all over them either. The school is flexible and does have fun social events that keep you wanting more here. The students are friendly and extremely welcoming while looking out for new students.