Columbus North High School is a highly rated, public school located in Columbus, IN. It has 2,017 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Columbus North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A302 Students
- A+185 Students
- B+171 Students
- A-96 Students
- B-88 Students
- B60 Students
- NG55 Students
- B47 Students
- A-45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Columbus North High School
- A-Columbus East High School
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 198 reviews
- C+Edinburgh Community High School
- Edinburgh Community School Corporation, IN
- 35 reviews
- B+Southwestern High School
- Southwestern Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 21 reviews
- B-Hauser Junior/Senior High School
- Flat Rock-Hawcreek School Corporation, IN
- 53 reviews
Columbus North High School Reviews
My experience with Columbus North has overall been very positive. After moving from a different state, I was unsure of whether or not I would be able to fit in. However, I was able to easily find a niche that welcomed me for everything I was. I am currently involved with tennis, choir, and many academic competitions in my school. My teachers are very quirky and I see a different face every day. Our school offers extra classes like culinary, engineering, and graphic design. They allow us freedom all while providing us with the safety we need. If there was one thing I could change about Columbus North, it would be the student involvement. Columbus North is very good about letting students do cool things like a school magazine and a student news channel. However, there are not very many events that get students involved with each other. We only have one school-wide event per year, and if we could change that, we could grow from a great school to an outstanding one!
Honestly, I did not enjoy attending North. The work was not interesting and it definitely was not preparing me for success in college. Now I am in university, I really do see the errors in the way North and its faculty treat their students and the way students treat each other. No one there truly cares about education, not the administration, not the teachers, and most definitely not the students. The teachers are probably the worst part because they have no faith in students and their success. I had a math teacher from North literally imply I was dumb to my face when I had an A in his class and the classes are entirely busy work. Whether this is the fault of the school or the education system in this country, I do not know, but if you want to actually enjoy your high school experience do not settle for the least bad school that BCSC offers.
Columbus North High School is a good school, especially academically. There are many chances to take higher level and AP classes. There are many clubs, but sometimes it feels like there aren’t many to choose from. The teachers are generally nice and try to help you succeed. The C4 program is really cool as it lets students have new experience in the work field. However, North feels a bit old and small, though there is a lot of diversity. The doors to the school are all locked from the outside for safety, except for the main entrance which is sort of annoying, especially when going out for lunch. Overall, North is a very good school to go to, but there are better schools.