Columbus Grove High School is an above average, public school located in Columbus Grove, OH. It has 285 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Columbus Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+57 Students
- B42 Students
- B33 Students
- C+27 Students
- A27 Students
- C+25 Students
- B25 Students
- A-22 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Columbus Grove High School
- A-Kalida High School
- Kalida Local School District, OH
- 37 reviews
- B+Bluffton High School
- Bluffton Exempted Village School District, OH
- 53 reviews
- BAda High School
- Ada Exempted Village School District, OH
- 61 reviews
- B-Bath High School
- Bath Local School District, OH
- 94 reviews
Columbus Grove High School Reviews
I love going to CGHS! it is a fantastic school. there are very few problems while I have been here. As a student here at CGHS, I am not lying when I say that I not woken up ready to start learning from the great staff that is teaching me what I need to learn for my future. The teachers will help you make up what you have missed when you are gone. They are also very helpful when you are having trouble in their class, you never feel like you are taking up their time with a 'dumb' question. They are always ready to help when you are struggling.
No school is perfect, but Columbus Grove High School exceeds numerous expectations and standards. Although the school is not found in a diverse setting, the students are open to new individuals. The superintendent converses with each and every student on a regular basis, and the elementary principal calls each student by name. The environment is friendly and trustworthy. For the most part, teachers are well-equipped and trained very well. The staff and students alike are very approachable and problems are smoothed out as soon as they occur. The extra-curricular opportunities are abundant, and they range from athletics to scholastics. Those in charge want the best for the students attending Columbus Grove, and it is quite apparent.
Columbus Grove High School provides me with the necessary education to be a productive and informed citizen. The courses are challenging but manageable, and due to the school’s smaller size, the students form close bonds with their teachers. Teachers are willing to help students who struggle but encourage them to be problem-solvers and work it out themselves. The school has several clubs, extra-curriculars, and sports for students to participate in. There is a fair amount of diversity in course types. Most students perform very well on tests and in high-stress situations. Overall, Columbus Grove High School is an excellent school that produces several well-educated and prepared students who go on to be good people.