Columbus East High School is a highly rated, public school located in Columbus, IN. It has 1,534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Columbus East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A174 Students
- B+139 Students
- A+131 Students
- B78 Students
- A-61 Students
- B-57 Students
- NG54 Students
- B50 Students
- B42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Columbus East High School
- A-Columbus North High School
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 316 reviews
- C+Edinburgh Community High School
- Edinburgh Community School Corporation, IN
- 35 reviews
- C+Seymour Senior High School
- Seymour Community Schools, IN
- 167 reviews
- B+Southwestern High School
- Southwestern Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 21 reviews
Columbus East High School Reviews
I love east and honestly wouldn't change anything. It's fully a welcoming school, helps all students and brings unification to all as well. Not only are academics strong but also strong club and extra curricular group involvement. Sports and arts are both highly encouraged and supported. The teachers coaches and staff are not only great rolemodles in life but great mentors as well!
At Columbus East, I love the environment we have! We have a very laid back style, which has very much prepared me for college. But sometimes it can be a little too laid back, and other students are not ready for the kind of responsibility and freedom given out. Other then this, this school is so welcoming and involving!
I really appreciate Columbus East’s variety of opportunities with multiple programs, depending on what career paths students plan for. From medical to engineering, culinary, and many others, students can discover their passions early in high school to be better prepared for their college and career experiences. Additionally, the atmosphere of Columbus East is very welcoming and open, and students have the option of reaching out to teachers and asking for one-on-one help during their resource period. For the most part, the teachers at my school love what they do, which has a huge influence on students’ attitudes on learning. Overall my experience at East has been positive and I will always remember the impact my teachers and peers have had on me.