Columbus Community High School is a public school located in Columbus Junction, IA. It has 215 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Columbus Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A75 Students
- B-55 Students
- A50 Students
- B+46 Students
- A19 Students
- B16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Columbus Community High School
- B+Louisa-Muscatine High School
- Louisa-Muscatine Community School District, IA
- 60 reviews
- BWinfield Mt. Union High School
- Winfield-Mt. Union Community School District, IA
- 20 reviews
- C+Wapello Senior High School
- Wapello Community School District, IA
- 1 review
- B-Washington High School
- Washington Community School District, IA
- 80 reviews
Columbus Community High School Reviews
Columbus Community High school is a small school with lots of diverse life, African American, Asian, Caucasian, and Latino. Because of our small classes and small schools, we offer more student support and teachers aid to the majority of our students. College Readiness is all about college, the first semester of the senior year has been devoted to learning all about things for college. i have been through a program called "Gear up" which will help me for when i go to college! The Administration is like every other, they try to keep up with the times, like for example, We had a really bad Phone problem in our school and now coming back, phones aren't even allowed in the classroom! now every student has been focused into their studies without distractions and some of us have really improved on it! i'm glad to say that sticking with smaller schools could be highly beneficial not only to you as a student but also to your grades, attendance. i'm proud to be a wildcats and that's that.
What I like about Columbus community high school is that it’s small and it’s safe. Also some of the teachers are really nice and really know how to teach the students but does not how to teach at all and I will like to see that change. I wish Columbus come high school is bigger and more people because some people don’t even have friends to talk to during class and it’s like a other lonely place for other people. What I will change about the school is that the food, some of the teacher and some of the coaches.also the school rules that they make.
What I really liked about Columbus Community High School was that the student to teacher ratio was very small. If you needed help from a teacher you were more likely to receive it. I also really liked the fact that everyone knew each other and we all have grown up with each other since we were little kids. Something that I would like to see change would be the involvement in extra curricular activities. Not many kids are involved in a lot of things, I would like to see this number go up!