Columbiana High School is an above average, public school located in Columbiana, OH. It has 317 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Columbiana High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B43 Students
- B36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-25 Students
- A-17 Students
- A14 Students
- B12 Students
- C+11 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Columbiana High School
- B-West Branch High School
- West Branch Local School District, OH
- 82 reviews
- B-Springfield High School
- Springfield Local School District (New Middletown), OH
- 44 reviews
- B-Salem High School
- Salem City School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- B-Beaver Local High School
- Beaver Local School District, OH
- 80 reviews
Columbiana High School Reviews
I enjoyed high school a lot. I was very outgoing so I never had any issues with people. Honestly you have to make the most of it and I did, Columbiana helped prepare me for college in all the right ways. I am forever grateful to have graduated from such a wonderful school!
As a senior attending Columbiana High School, I have come to love many factors of the district. I have fallen for the fine arts programs, both visual (such as painting) and performing (concert and marching bands). However, one heartbreaking reality of the school district and its administration is the lack of financial and emotional support for these arts programs, resulting in a diminishing of supplies (paintbrushes, canvas, musical instruments, music stands, etc.) and organization of events to uplift these activities.
So far I love my school, but sometimes it seems that the teachers just don't care. Coming in as a freshie, students already have their groups set up and although the teachers are welcoming, the students won't always let you in to their group. I definitely feel safe here and feel it'll be a fun place to spend the remainder of high school here!