grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade C
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Columbian High School is a public school located in Tiffin, OH. It has 833 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Columbian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+112 Students
- grade B90 Students
- grade B68 Students
- grade A minus68 Students
- grade A minus53 Students
- grade B46 Students
- grade B43 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade C+41 Students
- grade B minus37 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responses
- Ringing of our bell after a football victory21%
- Sporting events21%
- Numerous competitions between grade levels15%
- Show choir performs a song called "Fruitcake"15%
- Pops Concert10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,740 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Schools like Columbian High School
- grade B minusClyde High School
- Clyde-Green Springs Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 91 reviews
- grade B minusLakota High School
- Lakota Local School District (Risingsun), OH
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade BOld Fort High School
- Old Fort Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 42 reviews
- grade C+Mohawk High School
- Mohawk Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 29 reviews
Columbian High School Reviews
Rating 3.56 out of 5 131 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like the overall energy that the staff here have and how invested some of the teachers are in teaching the students. The teachers here regard education as their main goal and the principal here at the school is very nice and helps the students feel welcomed. The food here is okay, it could be improved but it's good enough to not care to much. I think there should be more student involvement with the community and clubs/activities that the school provides, maybe having the school openly encourage clubs/activities can help?
Some of the positive things about Columbian generate around extracurricular activities. The Music teachers are all amazing at their jobs and jus amazing people n general. And most of the sports programs have found coaching in recent years that have helped improve records. As far as teachers of rudimentary classes though, Columbian is lacking greatly. Many of the subject departments only have one or two good teachers, out three or four. Most of the teachers don't line up what their teacher to what the other teachers are teaching for the same class and so some students are at disadvantage in their education.
I liked how the school had business classes. However, the school should accommodate more learning programs into their schooling.