Columbian High School is a public school located in Tiffin, OH. It has 836 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Columbian High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+94 Students
- B80 Students
- B64 Students
- A-64 Students
- A-48 Students
- B43 Students
- A41 Students
- C+40 Students
- B37 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Columbian High School
- B-Clyde High School
- Clyde-Green Springs Exempted Village School District, OH
- 93 reviews
- B-Lakota High School
- Lakota Local School District (Risingsun), OH
- 31 reviews
- B-Old Fort High School
- Old Fort Local School District, OH
- 42 reviews
- C+Mohawk High School
- Mohawk Local School District, OH
- 27 reviews
Columbian High School Reviews
Some of the positive things about Columbian generate around extracurricular activities. The Music teachers are all amazing at their jobs and jus amazing people n general. And most of the sports programs have found coaching in recent years that have helped improve records. As far as teachers of rudimentary classes though, Columbian is lacking greatly. Many of the subject departments only have one or two good teachers, out three or four. Most of the teachers don't line up what their teacher to what the other teachers are teaching for the same class and so some students are at disadvantage in their education.
Columbian is a great school with amazing teachers. Columbian is very family based within sports and academics. The way the whole school and community supports the students with their athletic achievements and academic achievements makes Columbian students proud. High school at Columbian wasn’t extremely stressful because we have an amazing staff that will help you with any problems you are going through.
The teachers, for the most part, are very average. There are a select few teachers that I've had that have a genuine interest in what they teach and the students they teach. The school only cares about football, in my opinion, females sports are discriminated against and don't get funding like the football team, or other male sports get.