Columbia-Montour Area Vocation-Technical School is a public school located in Bloomsburg, PA. It has 629 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Columbia-Montour Area Vocation-Technical School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B49 Students
- C39 Students
- C+25 Students
- A+18 Students
- B13 Students
- B11 Students
- A-10 Students
- C+8 Students
- B-8 Students
- A7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesB+
Suburban Rural Mix
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Columbia-Montour Area Vocation-Technical School
- C+Mount Carmel Area High School
- Mount Carmel Area School District, PA
- 51 reviews
- C+Millville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Millville Area School District, PA
- 30 reviews
- C+Shenandoah Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Shenandoah Valley School District, PA
- 72 reviews
- C+Northwest Area High School
- Northwest Area School District, PA
- 73 reviews
Columbia-Montour Area Vocation-Technical School Reviews
Columbia-Montour AVTS saved my life, and I know it saved many others as well. This school allowed for a second chance; it welcomes those who think differently. Those who are ready to focus on their careers, who want to play to their talents... this school is for you. At Vo-Tech, you meet people from all over the area whom you may not have met before. You enrich one another's lives and your world gets a little bigger. The possibilities are endless as you have hands-on opportunities to venture into a plethora of fields and gain the upper hand of early education. I am a 2008 alumni and I can say the fond memories are forever with me. 10/10, all the way.
My experience at CMAVTS was a great experience! I wouldn't change my High School years for anything. The school has many different traits to study, with a wonderful teaching staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful with a good blend of students from different sending schools. The only thing I would ever be able to change about the school was if there were more sports!
Columbia-Montour VO-Tech is a good school for trying to find out what you want to do in life. They give you the chance to experience different trades and meet new people from outside of your community. Most of the teachers there are very helpful and will do their best to help you succeed, all you really need to do is ask them for help. 10/10 I would recommend other to go here and leave their comfort zone to try something new.