Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Columbia Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Columbia, PA. It has 379 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Columbia Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B32 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B16 Students
- A14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Columbia Junior/Senior High School
- C-William Penn Senior High School
- York City School District, PA
- 53 reviews
- BYork County School of Technology
- Public School
- York, PA
- 168 reviews
- BMiddletown Area High School
- Middletown Area School District, PA
- 141 reviews
- B-McCaskey High School Campus
- Lancaster School District, PA
- 335 reviews
Columbia Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I like how the school is not as cliche and separated like in the movies. While everyone has their own separate friend groups, there is not defined “popular kids” or “nerdy kids.” Everyone knows each other and acts like a community. I like that the football players and cheer leaders are also the smart students, in all honors classes. Students are not looked down upon for being smart or for slacky in school work, for the most part everyone is accepting and do not care about little things.
There were fights and bullying all the time, kids didn't want to be there so that affected the teachers, had to "rent" books because the school was out of money in the budget but was busy upgrading their sports facilities. Most people that I see online that were not in advanced classes still can not communicate effectively. In my opinion the school should have been taken over by hempfield years ago. It was a sad excuse for a learning environment despite many teachers best efforts.
I like that it is very small so you get to know a lot of students as well as teachers and get to build close relationships. It is very welcoming and easy to fit in. I wish they would have more opportunities when it came to classes because I was used to being in Honors and IB/AP classes but those weren’t offered at Columbia. I feel like the material learned in some subjects is not rigorous enough for being “honors” classes.