Columbia High School is a public school located in West Columbia, TX. It has 898 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Columbia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+99 Students
- B+80 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-71 Students
- C+70 Students
- B61 Students
- A51 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Columbia High School
- BAngleton High School
- Angleton Independent School District, TX
- 203 reviews
- BSweeny High School
- Sweeny Independent School District, TX
- 110 reviews
- B-Van Vleck High School
- Van Vleck Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
- BBrazoswood High School
- Brazosport Independent School District, TX
- 183 reviews
Columbia High School Reviews
It feels like a family. The teachers want you to be the best student you can be, they truly care for you and about you. I had a nice experience in high school, there are many opportunities for academic and athletic growth. The school board is very fair and tries to accommodate for anything they need to. The school is old but it does not look that way at all, they are very good about keeping up to date with things. Also, at Columbia High School, they are very traditional and like to keep things nice and put together, I enjoyed it very much!
My experience at Columbia High School has been great. What I love about my school are the administrative staff and teachers. They are super optimistic and kind. After you leave a class, you are well educated and ready for success. Another thing that I love about Columbia High School is that you have so many clubs and activities to join. However, what I would like to see changed in the school is more modernized and engaging activities, and clubs provided for the students. I am, and always will be, proud to be a roughneck from Columbia High School.
Good teachers but there is almost a hostile environment among the students. I feel that I have received a decent education from this high school. The dual-credit program with Brazosport College is one of the most beneficial things that is offered. This gives students a chance to get a jump start on their future. The campus is nice and open though I do think that it is in need of updates. The extracurricular groups on campus such as band, dolls, choir, WIT, NHS, and more gives students plenty of opportunities to grow with their peers. The campus does have an opportunity of being able to have the TDECU branch in the school, which hires 5 students each year.