Columbia High School is a public school located in NAMPA, ID. It has 1,335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Columbia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B536 Students
- A-295 Students
- C293 Students
- B-257 Students
- B+200 Students
- B+146 Students
- B132 Students
- B-130 Students
- A101 Students
- B+98 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 132 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.71 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Columbia High School Reviews
I give my high school a four out of five stars mainly because of the lack of school spirit while I was there. No one liked going to the games or cheering at the pep-rallies. But! There are so many educational opportunities there. You can get certified in many things in the health care field, associates degrees in fields like business and health. As long as you never stop asking questions and keeping the "willingness to learn" mentality your teachers are always going to help you out. I also had a couple of teachers who were also college professors. Finally! I also had an awesome career counselor.
My Highschool experience was great! Columbia is a great school, great teachers, decent selection of programs and pathways, and great involvement. One thing that Columbia has always been missing is that sense of school pride... as a senior I noticed that kids just don't really care about the school, they don't take ownership over it; its simply there! This needs to change. My one other complaint was the food, not that it was bad but it simply lacked variety and quality, I can't remember how many times I ate pizza or for breakfast we ate the same things. Needles to say school lunches aren't always the best but hey could definitely be better at Columbia.
My experience at Columbia has been great so far! So many different opportunities and diverse career pathways that the school district as a whole provides, with a special transferring system to allow all students opportunities to take their desired classes. I love my teachers and I know they know the topic they are teaching and are going to help me do my best.