Columbia High School is a public school located in Nampa, ID. It has 1,335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Columbia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B583 Students
- C328 Students
- A-305 Students
- B-286 Students
- B+226 Students
- B+153 Students
- B144 Students
- B-136 Students
- A109 Students
- B+105 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 134 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Columbia High School Reviews
I give my high school a four out of five stars mainly because of the lack of school spirit while I was there. No one liked going to the games or cheering at the pep-rallies. But! There are so many educational opportunities there. You can get certified in many things in the health care field, associates degrees in fields like business and health. As long as you never stop asking questions and keeping the "willingness to learn" mentality your teachers are always going to help you out. I also had a couple of teachers who were also college professors. Finally! I also had an awesome career counselor.
My Highschool experience was great! Columbia is a great school, great teachers, decent selection of programs and pathways, and great involvement. One thing that Columbia has always been missing is that sense of school pride... as a senior I noticed that kids just don't really care about the school, they don't take ownership over it; its simply there! This needs to change. My one other complaint was the food, not that it was bad but it simply lacked variety and quality, I can't remember how many times I ate pizza or for breakfast we ate the same things. Needles to say school lunches aren't always the best but hey could definitely be better at Columbia.
Columbia has great academic programs like AP Capstone and dual enroll. It also has many different career classes. Almost every single teacher is kind and is willing to help. We have many different student led clubs. Our school has a great culture where we focus on being kind to one another and keep our school clean. We have a great sports department and have won many state championships. We also have an amazing music and arts program. We get students from many different backgrounds and countries. Columbia also has many college readiness opportunities with Trio, a great college prep counselor, and a high school to life class which has a big focus on college. We always have an officer with a trained dog on campus that keeps us safe. We also have many student led leadership groups that. We have an amazing STEM program at our school as well.