Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Columbia High School is a public school located in Columbia Station, OH. It has 271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Columbia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+49 Students
- B-43 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-35 Students
- B28 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+23 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-21 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Columbia High School
- B-Midview High School
- Midview Local School District, OH
- 172 reviews
- B-North Ridgeville High School
- North Ridgeville City School District, OH
- 168 reviews
- BKeystone High School
- Keystone Local School District, OH
- 71 reviews
- BNormandy High School
- Parma City School District, OH
- 225 reviews
Columbia High School Reviews
I went to Columbia Local Schools from kindergarten all they way through my senior year. My high school in the district was Columbia High School. I was here for my whole time in high school. I would highly recommend going to this school. It has a great group of students, teachers, and other staff. I formed many friendships here because everyone is so nice and open to new people. My teachers also prepared me very well for college and life after college. I also formed very good bonds with the teachers and staff as well. There isn't much I can say bad about this school. I loved it there and wouldn't chose anywhere else to go for school.
Columbia High School is a good overall school but is not a great school for kids that really want to excel and take higher level classes. The school only offers 3 AP classes. Most of the teachers are lazy and only are teachers so they can coach the sports teams. Most kids leaving the school do not feel ready for college. However, the staff is very nice and there is really not much bullying going on throughout the school.
The guidance office was very friendly and helpful. On the other hand, the AP calculus teacher was not very consistent. Better monitoring of the teachers would be good.