Columbia High School is an above average, public school located in Columbia, MS. It has 456 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Columbia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-98 Students
- A74 Students
- B63 Students
- A-61 Students
- B-31 Students
- C+28 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Columbia High School
Columbia High School Reviews
I love Columbia High School! It was probably the most fun 4 years of my life. The students and the staff are so friendly and kind. When you walk into Columbia High School, you are instantly a part of the Wildcat Family!
During my years at CHS, most sports/activities were hard to participate in because of racial profiling by some of the teachers. Some teachers showed favoritism while some gave equal amounts of attention to each student. The administration/superintendent was too strict, but since they've gotten a new superintendent the rules have changed to a more freedom filled environment. The students never had much say in school functions except homecoming and prom.
Columbia High School is a GREAT school to attend. All of my teacher starting from my freshman year to my senior year prepared me for my college experience. The teachers and administrative staff was very welcoming and love to see each and every student excel in whatever the student was passionate about. The diversity in the school was very welcoming , also. Everybody loved everybody and treated everyone the same with love and dignity. The campus is very safe for students with police enforcement on campus, gates , and also cameras for back up security. The sports team have a big fan base as well. I am proud to say I am an Alumna of Columbia High School class of 2016.