Columbia City High School is a public school located in Columbia City, IN. It has 1,034 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Columbia City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+142 Students
- B-141 Students
- A116 Students
- A+99 Students
- B-59 Students
- B53 Students
- B50 Students
- A-39 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Columbia City High School
- B-Whitko High School
- Whitko Community School Corporation, IN
- 95 reviews
- B-Churubusco Junior/Senior High School
- Smith-Green Community Schools, IN
- 50 reviews
- C+Central Noble Jr.-Sr. High School
- Central Noble Community School Corporation, IN
- 69 reviews
- ACarroll High School
- Northwest Allen County Schools, IN
- 437 reviews
Columbia City High School Reviews
I attended Columbia City High School as a student at Eagle Tech Academy. This is a branch off of the traditional school. Instead of sitting listening to lectures all day, students at Eagle Tech were able to be hands on and use their creativity to create life sized projects and plan out events. Students were able to be themselves and develop relationships with their peers and facilitators. The facilitators were more than just teachers. They encouraged students to work through their struggles and think outside the box. I would recommend Eagle Tech Academy for anyone!
The teachers and staff are truly amazing and have each students best interest in mind! However, the facility is old and rundown, with flooding and sometimes broken air conditioning. Thank gosh we get a new school, but unfortunately it doesn't have a pool, even though our swim team is the best athletics team we have....
I enjoy the teachers, and I am so excited about the new school! The old building is falling apart, the food is not the best but not bad. The teachers are all great, very safe community, but there are not enough parking spots.