Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Columbia Central High School is a public school located in Brooklyn, MI. It has 637 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Columbia Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A94 Students
- B+65 Students
- B-63 Students
- C-63 Students
- A+60 Students
- B53 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-24 Students
- C+23 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Columbia Central High School
- C-Onsted Community High School
- Onsted Community Schools, MI
- 99 reviews
- C+Grass Lake High School
- Grass Lake Community Schools, MI
- 78 reviews
- BClinton High School
- Clinton Community Schools, MI
- 130 reviews
- BWestern High School
- Western School District, MI
- 314 reviews
Columbia Central High School Reviews
I love Columbia Central! I moved there halfway through my junior year and I absolutely love the environment. I love partaking in musicals, marching band, and a multitude of extracurricular activities. The teachers are great and are very helpful with whatever it is you may need help with.
My overall experience at Columbia was pretty average. One thing I really did enjoy was academic programs and classes. I would, however, like to see more culture and diversity among students and staff at Columbia Central. Groups such as Student Senate, Plank, and Key club were enjoyable but they were some of the only groups/clubs that the students have organized. I feel that students are sometimes not the schools first priority. There is a lot that needs to be changed along the lines of the culture and environment but other than that, I would say that its a fairly decent school.
I liked Columbia a lot. Clean, safe atmosphere to learn. I loved the teachers and the sports were well kept with. I loved the opportunity to learn at the local college while still in hight school as well. I took advantage of that but it could have been offered sooner or at a greater capacity in order for it to benefit all students.