Columbia Central High School is an above average, public school located in Brooklyn, MI. It has 620 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Columbia Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A70 Students
- B+55 Students
- C-53 Students
- B-52 Students
- A+50 Students
- B41 Students
- B+39 Students
- B18 Students
- C+17 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Columbia Central High School
- B-Onsted Community High School
- Onsted Community Schools, MI
- 88 reviews
- B-Grass Lake High School
- Grass Lake Community Schools, MI
- 70 reviews
- BClinton High School
- Clinton Community Schools, MI
- 124 reviews
- BWestern High School
- Western School District, MI
- 310 reviews
Columbia Central High School Reviews
My overall experience at Columbia was pretty average. One thing I really did enjoy was academic programs and classes. I would, however, like to see more culture and diversity among students and staff at Columbia Central. Groups such as Student Senate, Plank, and Key club were enjoyable but they were some of the only groups/clubs that the students have organized. I feel that students are sometimes not the schools first priority. There is a lot that needs to be changed along the lines of the culture and environment but other than that, I would say that its a fairly decent school.
Very little student counseling for College prep. The teacher /counselor seems unqualified for the counseling role. Life prep classes are not very prevalent in this school, children with less active parental guidance are not very prepared for life outside of high school.
I really enjoyed my time here at Columbia Central. The teachers truly care about you and want you to be successful. Our schools were just all upgraded so its like we have a new school. Our athletic programs are all pretty good and our school offers a lot of choices for all students, not just athletes. I feel that I am ready to go to the next chapter in my life and I believe that the teachers have done a great job of preparing us for that next level.