Colquitt County High School
- NORMAN PARK, GA
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Colquitt County High School is a public school located in NORMAN PARK, GA. It has 1,783 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Colquitt County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus371 Students
- grade A+278 Students
- grade B+225 Students
- grade B minus209 Students
- grade B182 Students
- grade A minus129 Students
- grade B104 Students
- grade A+94 Students
- grade C93 Students
- grade B88 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Colquitt County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responses
- Packer Idol and Packer Puff30%
- Plays, Packer idol, Football games30%
- Pep Rallys Homecoming week Grand March Homecoming13%
- Toga Day11%
- Basketball Games2%
- Spirit Week2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,572 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 34 responses
Colquitt County High School Reviews
Rating 3.73 out of 5 188 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Colquitt is your average High School in regards to high school experience. Not only can student progress academically, students are also able to prosper in extracurriculars. The facilities are nice and up-to-date, as well as provided resources to students, parents, teachers, and administration. Overall, the school is balanced with diversity though there are many cultural changes that need to be made. I feel as if all students should be equally informed about different available opportunities. Other than that adjustment, Colquitt county is a well-rounded school
The school is overall pretty average. There are both ups and downs. The main advantage is the establishment is relatively new and has good sports facilities as well. However, the downsides include the fact it’s practically impossible for the counselors to help pupils make any educational choices because there are so many students in the school, and the advisers don’t get to know many of them.
My experience at Colquitt County Highschool has overall been the best learning experience. Faculty and Staff care tremendously about your success and furthering your education past graduation. Every morning our principle states that the Packer Destiations “ is graduation and beyond. “ My high school does not want anyone to settle for less than what they are capable of achieving. I feel very safe at this school! There is always many opportunties given to us to voice our opinions on things around campus, vote for event themes, etc. There is only one thing I would change about this school and it is the lack of unified events such as dances, pep rallies, and small memorable events in which students at the school can come together to participate in.