Colorado Academy Reviews

toxic environment. I have pictures, videos, and voice recordings. Teachers dead-bolting children into classrooms. medical needles in the classroom and in reach of preschool children. Children are often left unattended and discrimination and discriminatory conduct has been heavily allowed by the schools employees. The PreK program that is currently running is not actual licensed or inspected by the state. In other words it's illegally operating to generate revenue. Staff lack qualifications and some were lacking simple background checks. In my opinion this environment is horrible. I honestly don't believe the head of school knew of all the issues that the programs have but Alanna Brown and Julie Fordayce, his right hands definitely knew. So did operations. Why employee people you can't trust and people who look the other way when it comes to the health and safety of children. They call their way of running things, "CA's culture." It's actually really disturbing. Thank
CA is an excellent school that prepares students not only for college, but life thereafter by focusing on a well rounded student life and developing grit to overcome challenges in real time.
I have been at CA for 14 years and I would not change my experience. I am a senior and I feel ready to go out into the world with the everything CA has taught me. One of my favorite parts of CA is the connection I have made with both my peers and my teachers.
Start Your Review of Colorado Academy
I really like CA, it has a lot of activities going on along with sports and theater. Every facility is extremely nice and the teachers are fantastic. They can help you get the right level of education.
This is a school of beautiful people. The community is outstanding and the resources have provided me with a solid social, academic, and creative foundation. The competitive environment can chip away over the years, but the majority of people are kind and supportive.
I love this school! I love how all teachers and students just love to learn. All classes are very interesting. The teachers offer help whenever you need; they truly have the students benefits in mind!
Colorado Academy has a very inviting and encouraging community. The small class sizes allow for personalized help. There is a huge athletic community and many student come out and support their peers. The campus is beautiful and offers a lot of extra curricular activities for students during off periods. The library is a great place to study or get homework done throughout the day. The variety of classes to chose from allows students to make their schedule fit their personal interests and preferences. The teachers at CA are always willing and available to help with work during the day or during the designated time at the end of each school day called "help time." Finally, there is a great connection between lower, middle, and upper school students. Each senior in high school is given a kindergarten buddy and a freshman buddy, which turn into amazing friendships.
CA offers the best education to students! The faculty and staff are exceptional and care about the well-being of the students they teach. The grounds and buildings at CA are top notch too! You will not find a better place for your child to learn and grow. CA teaches students empathy, grit, cultural competence, collaboration, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, courage and kindness. Students that graduate from CA go off into the world and contribute to their communities in amazing ways.
Overall my experience as a student in class was good. Certain teachers are of course better than others, but I had the privilege of being a student in classes with what are in my opinion some of the best teachers here. The students are not the most diverse student body, both in outlook and in demographics, which is a negative point. I am very happy with what I have learned, but not necessarily with the high school experience I gained.
Teachers really care about their students. Excellent opportunities for outdoor education and travel abroad. One of few prep schools that succeeds in maintaining a kind and positive school culture. Highly reccomend!
This school will always hold a special place in my heart. It prepared my children for the breadth and depth of their college experiences -- both academically and socially. Often, students don't realize the value of their experience until they have some distance from high school. Unequivocally, their respect and appreciation for a well-rounded education in a very caring environment grows daily.
I love everything about Colorado Academy. Everything from the teachers, the classes, the sports, and all the extra curriculars, make this school great.
Colorado Academy is a great school that I have gone to since fourth grade, and am now going to be a Senior. The atmosphere here is very friendly, and focused on education and participation in activities, sports, and classroom discussion.
Positive community, hardworking students, and helpful faculty. Facilities are new. Resources are accessible. Definitely prepares students for college and careers.
While Colorado Academy does provide fine arts, sports, and good academic courses, they could do more to support outside of school careers. Our school could also try to be more culturally diverse and not gender biased in sports.
I have been attending CA since Pre-K and have made great friends and strong relationships with teachers.
The part I love most about Colorado Academy is definitely the people, both students and faculty. They both share a curiosity for learning and constantly make me question myself and look at things in new ways. My classmates and teachers are beyond friendly and make everyday engaging and interesting.
Start Your Review of Colorado Academy
Colorado Academy has great programs in both the arts and athletics, producing students who can have a full portfolio by graduation, and students who regularly get recruited by top colleges. However, the academics at Colorado Academy are what truly prepare students for college and a career beyond that. The small class sizes and patient teachers make for a learning environment that is personal and engaging, and there are a wide range of classes in differing subjects and intensity to take advantage of.
Great support for financial aid
The opportunities students get at CA are incredible. The faculty are amazing, students have unique and numerous resources available to them, and the classes provide students with new ways of thinking.