Colonie Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Albany, NY. It has 1,530 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Colonie Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+149 Students
- B110 Students
- A-86 Students
- C+82 Students
- B61 Students
- A-57 Students
- B-55 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+48 Students
- A46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Colonie Central High School
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 162 reviews
- BScotia-Glenville Senior High School
- Scotia-Glenville Central School District, NY
- 61 reviews
- AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- 233 reviews
- B+Schalmont High School
- Schalmont Central School District, NY
- 50 reviews
Colonie Central High School Reviews
I am a junior at Colonie Central High School and so far in my experience, I have has a few amazing teachers and a few horrible teachers. Even when you try to tell someone about the teachers they do not listen and blow you off. Test scrores are so low for some teachers and they do not care. The facilities are always unkept in the way that some doors don’t lock or some will be out of order for weeks. The after school activites such as clubs are very diverse and growing each year! There is a club for everyone! The guidance office shows you some websites for college but my teacher Mr. Littell showed us a much more useful one to prepare you for each school and shows you what school would be your best fit.
Colonie Central High School, while small, is very inclusive of every student. The teachers are proud to be teaching at this school and they genuinely care for each and every one of their students. Each student has a personalized experience at Colonie and they receive one on one attention and guidance. Colonie offers a wide variety of clubs and sports for ever student. Guidance counselors are proactive in assisting every junior and senior in the college process. Colonie is extremely safe and the administration is very well prepared in case of emergency. In addition, Colonie has one of the best music programs in the district.
The school is kind of gross. Most of the girl's bathrooms are extremely gross and dysfunctional. The sinks do not work, the toilets don't flush and the tampon/pad dispensers are always empty. There is also, ALWAYS a line and teachers have a tendency of not letting girls go because "they take too long." Most of the teachers are nice and teach well. However, there are a few that have no idea what they are doing and their students learn nothing. In addition to that, the school is not very good a regulating its temperature in the winter, the classrooms are either freezing with barley any heat available to them, or they are scorching hot. Overall, this school is NOT very pleasant to attend.