Colonie Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Albany, NY. It has 1,541 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
1 Raider Blvd
Albany, NY 12205
Work Here? Claim Your School
Colonie Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+124 Students
- B95 Students
- A74 Students
- C+61 Students
- A54 Students
- B53 Students
- B-47 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-41 Students
- A40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Colonie Central High School
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 152 reviews
- B+Scotia-Glenville Senior High School
- Scotia-Glenville Central School District, NY
- 55 reviews
- AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- 228 reviews
- BSchalmont High School
- Schalmont Central School District, NY
- 50 reviews
Colonie Central High School Reviews
I am a junior at Colonie Central High School and so far in my experience, I have has a few amazing teachers and a few horrible teachers. Even when you try to tell someone about the teachers they do not listen and blow you off. Test scrores are so low for some teachers and they do not care. The facilities are always unkept in the way that some doors don’t lock or some will be out of order for weeks. The after school activites such as clubs are very diverse and growing each year! There is a club for everyone! The guidance office shows you some websites for college but my teacher Mr. Littell showed us a much more useful one to prepare you for each school and shows you what school would be your best fit.
The teachers and staff were dedicated to the betterment of their students. Unfortunately administration and board members did not effectively use the budget and as a result the entire school had one functioning bathroom with one working sink. Had month expired filters in the water fountain, flaking asbestos in the technology/art wing, and failed to fix a faulty heating system after multiple complaints which resulted in a fire before school started. The education and college readiness this school has is from the highly motivated teachers and it's a shame that the building does not match.
I moved to the America about 3 years ago, I was a senior when I came to America, I restarted high school to get high school diploma . I am now a senior at Colonie Central high school and this school has changed me a lot. Where I got helps from teachers, others, where I found what I like and become in the future! I love the new environment, new challenges! I am proud of being a student in this great high school