Colonial High School is a public school located in Orlando, FL. It has 3,488 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Colonial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-1,096 Students
- C+865 Students
- A+521 Students
- A445 Students
- A305 Students
- A+294 Students
- A-238 Students
- B206 Students
- B+169 Students
- B144 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.71 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.71 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 243 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.113 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.113 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.113 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.114 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.114 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.114 responses
Colonial High School Reviews
I have never been more happy to attend Colonial High School! It is literally the best school you could ever attend to; the teachers and administrators are so kind and helpful to the students attending there and they do everything in their power to help you succeed in life and prepare you for college. I play sports at Colonial and I’ve never had more fun! I get along with my coaches and teammates just fine. However, if I were to change something about Colonial it would be that the administration and students be more supportive of their student athletes that play in a sport other than football. Football is always being talked about and brought up on the announcements, it is never any of the other sports, which is frustrating and unfair. Every sport deserves the same amount of support and recognition!
This school is infamous for it's negatively charged reputation, however upon actually attending this school or becoming aware of the true nature of this school, one would realize how false or over-dramatized the rumors of this school are. Unlike many schools in the vicinity, Colonial offers its students a multitude of beneficial opportunities and programs for students, including Cambridge/AICE, AP courses, dual-enrollment, and much more. Not to mention the numerous and widely varying clubs we offer at Colonial, academic and non-academic, along with the ability to attend multiple without interference, beyond that of yourself of course. And like any high school, there will be unruly characters, but consequences for breaking rules are dealt out as just deserves. At the end of the day, or rather most importantly, Colonial High School cares for each and every students success, making sure that while they attend Colonial that they grow to become beneficial and efficient members of society!
Colonial High School is believed to be in the "bad side of town" but in reality, the most down-to-earth students and teachers can be found here. Truthfully, what is saving this school are the magnet programs that can be found here. For example, the Cambridge program has expanded very widely over the past few years and pass rates just seem to go higher. These are the students that are the most college-ready. If a person you know is planning on going to this high school, please tell them do not be afraid! All they have to do is stay focused and work hard.