Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Colonial Beach High School is a public school located in Colonial Beach, VA. It has 224 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Colonial Beach High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B43 Students
- A40 Students
- B+38 Students
- B35 Students
- A+35 Students
- B+28 Students
- A+25 Students
- B+20 Students
- A+20 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Colonial Beach High School Reviews
The lunch is definitely not the best, most days I don’t even eat because of how bad it is. Also, there are many sewage leaks throughout the year in the bathrooms. Many people say how it is easy to make friends, but when I was a freshman, it wasn’t very easy since I’m a shy person. Everyone already has friends that they have known since elementary school, so coming into the school not knowing anyone is not fun. Some teachers care about your education, some don’t. There aren’t that many classes to choose from and there are always problems with scheduling in the beginning of the year.
The teachers here are easy to talk to and ask help from. The smaller classes allows students to connect more with their teachers. That is the best part of this school. There is a lack in diverse classes and electives offered to the students. There is no music department, few clubs, and few classes to pick from. The food is quite unappetizing, the meat often looks like food you would give to an animal. The building itself needs a lot of renovation, the pipes in one bathroom will leak sulfur if a certain toilet is flushed.
There are pros and cons to the small size of this school. It gave me the opportunity to participate in all offered girls sports, get as much one-on-one help from the teachers, and allowed me to know and interact with my entire graduating class. On the other hand, there were limited AP classes, very few clubs or organizations, and teachers use this school as a stepping stone to larger schools so teachers change frequently.