Collinsville High School
- Collinsville, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Collinsville High School is an above average, public school located in Collinsville, IL. It has 1,906 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Collinsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B380 Students
- grade C173 Students
- grade A minus129 Students
- grade A+118 Students
- grade B106 Students
- grade A100 Students
- grade A+91 Students
- grade B minus88 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade B+72 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responses
- Assemblies, Global Fest, Football games20%
- Assemblies, Football, basketball games, trackmeets19%
- Student council conventions16%
- Global Fest, Homecoming Tailgate12%
- Dodgeball tournament, Assemblies6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 35 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,656 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 44 responses
Schools like Collinsville High School
- grade C+Granite City High School
- Granite City Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 217 reviews
- grade CUniversity City Senior High School
- University City School District, MO
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 97 reviews
- grade CRoxana Senior High School
- Roxana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 122 reviews
- grade B minusLebanon High School
- Lebanon Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 43 reviews
Collinsville High School Reviews
Rating 3.81 out of 5 297 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I think that Collinsville High School is an amazing school because of the amount of diversity that you experience on campus every day. Everybody has a different story and a different experience and that's why I think Collinsville is such an amazing place. You will have opportunities there that you may not have at another school, and the teachers will help provide you with whatever you need. Overall, I believe that Collinsville High School is an amazing institution, GO KAHOKS!
I am a senior at Collinsville High School and your education here is based on what you make of it. If you take the hard courses, and do your best at school you will learn a lot because of the resources they have to offer. It is a very nice school with lots of diversity and good classes. I believe that there should be more enriched classes though because of the huge gap between regular classes and AP classes. Our teachers and staff really care about their students and want to see them succeed which is why they may be mad at you for not doing work. I had a great experience here, and they are doing a good job with the pandemic but may be risking too much having us at school two times a week. The Kahok culture really makes this school have a lot of spirit, and you will always see tons of purple walking the halls. GO KAHOKS!
CHS has a lot of great opportunities for dull-credit classes so you knock out some college credits in high school. There are a lot of vocational class options that allow you to see if the career you’re looking to go into is really for you before you have to pay for it in college. They have co-op classes where you get to work for half of the school day. This allows kids to make some money while still attending school. And most importantly, the culture at Collinsville High School is among the best. The students, staff, faculty, coaches, and community are all so supportive of each other and the Kahok way. CHS is a very safe, culture filled school that will truly prepare students for whatever their future holds!