Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Collinsville High School is an above average, public school located in Collinsville, IL. It has 1,906 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Collinsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B348 Students
- C+161 Students
- A-120 Students
- A+107 Students
- B+98 Students
- A91 Students
- B-85 Students
- B83 Students
- A+83 Students
- B+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Collinsville High School
- C+Granite City High School
- Granite City Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 209 reviews
- C+University City Senior High School
- University City School District, MO
- 93 reviews
- CRoxana Senior High School
- Roxana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 121 reviews
- BLebanon High School
- Lebanon Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 43 reviews
Collinsville High School Reviews
CHS has a lot of great opportunities for dull-credit classes so you knock out some college credits in high school. There are a lot of vocational class options that allow you to see if the career you’re looking to go into is really for you before you have to pay for it in college. They have co-op classes where you get to work for half of the school day. This allows kids to make some money while still attending school. And most importantly, the culture at Collinsville High School is among the best. The students, staff, faculty, coaches, and community are all so supportive of each other and the Kahok way. CHS is a very safe, culture filled school that will truly prepare students for whatever their future holds!
I like Collinsville High school for many reasons, but the main reason is the people. The teachers, the coaches, the custodians, the office staff, and the students make this place special. We don't have the best school facilities or the best lives, but we are grateful for what we have and make the best out of it. Without the people at the school, its just a building. If its a teacher helping me , or if its just another student helping me study on a test to help me be successful. I like CHS because we are all in this together because we want everybody to be successful and thats just our culture. We support each other because we want everybody to have a chance at being someone because it would be great for the community. It would be great for the community because we want more people to understand that being a Kahok is special and your kids should want to be one because of how successful the past students have become. That is why I bleed and purple and white. Go Kahoks!
CHS is a good high school to go to, with a wide variety of clubs, after-school activities, athletics, and more! It's not perfect, though. The janitors aren't exactly the nicest people, so have fun with them after school. The bathrooms aren't terrible, but not very good. To put it simply for describing athletics, even the jocks are nerds. Those are the only major complaints. Teachers really do care about their students. Especially if you have a personal problem. They won't take bs, though. Some of the teachers aren't the best at teaching, so watch out for them. Students have a tendency to complain and are a little cocky at times. Overall, good academics. There's a good variety of mindsets and races. We have two officers who take keeping the school safety very seriously. We even have a P3 program, too. I'd personally recommend it.