Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Collegiate School is a top rated, private, all-boys school located in New York, NY. It has 651 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Tuition is $53,900 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Collegiate School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Collegiate School
Collegiate School Reviews
My son joined Collegiate last Year as a seventh grader. The school is wonderful and it accommodate my son perfectly. The school assigned French and Music teachers for my son for the entire year since he didn’t have French or bass instrument before, at the end of the year he didn’t just catch up with the other kids but he also became proficient in both subjects and we couldn’t ask for more. On the other hand, the school environment and the parents are welcoming. As a family of color our experience of the diversity, inclusion, and belongings was excellent and our son fit perfectly at Collegiate.
The Collegiate School is an all boys school in NYC. It is known for its intense academic program, and the success its alumni find later In life as a result of their experience. Many say the all male environment creates a toxic and aggressive culture, but in reality, men who graduate leave with bonds only found between brothers. Despite differences in race or sexuality, the boys are all treated the same, and leave self importance at the door as thy unite under the word Dutchmen. As it is a traditional all boys school, the culture is at times harsh and non-pc, but it teaches the boys how to survive in a world that does not care about your emotions. The competitive nature of Collegiate’s student body instills a culture of winning and excellence, rather than one of coddling. The teachers are truly legendary, and will take time, wellbeing, and especially sleep from you, but in the end the student will come out stronger and more ready for college and life.
The Collegiate School is a single-sex, private located in New York City's affluent Midtown West neighbourhood. The school traces its origins to Dutch-colonial America in 1628 and offers an incredible K-12 education. With that education comes a financial and social price. Attendance costs nearly as much as university and comes with a high social tax. The all-boys setting causes an atmosphere of toxic, hyper-aggressive, over-competitive and arrogant masculinity. Little is done to challenge this. There is little diversity at the school amongst the student body and faculty. The institution has gone several years without a diversity and equity coordinator. The administration is very slow to come to the 21st century and support its minority students, faculty members, and staff. The education is very intense and, at times, draining. Any student who graduates will be more than sufficiently prepared for university-level education at any institution.