Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
College Station High School is a top rated, public school located in College Station, TX. It has 2,009 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
College Station High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+471 Students
- A+244 Students
- C-188 Students
- A-141 Students
- B140 Students
- A135 Students
- B+125 Students
- A+110 Students
- A-93 Students
- B80 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like College Station High School
- AA&M Consolidated High School
- College Station Independent School District, TX
- 408 reviews
- B+Mumford High School
- Mumford Independent School District, TX
- 15 reviews
- B-Snook Secondary School
- Snook Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
- BBryan High School
- Bryan Independent School District, TX
- 203 reviews
College Station High School Reviews
I absolutely love how welcoming all aspects of College Station High School are! I have participated in numerous extracurriculars including athletics, FCA, National Honor Society, FFA, and even Student Council. I have found that no matter my position in these activities I have always been welcomed and felt at home with every group of students. Another one of my favorite things about College Station High School is the extreme school spirit. We as CSHS students will stop at nothing to support our fellow Cougars and Lady Cougars.
I love the all around feel of College Station High School (CSHS). From the first day of freshman year to now I have never felt that I am not welcomed or that I am alone. The teachers are always supportive and the principals are always there to help in any sticky situation. CSHS is a school of opportunity and freedom. Someones feelings or views are never unnoticed when they are shared, clubs are open to anyone as well as athletics, band, and the arts. I feel safe here at school, we are provided with one (some times two) on duty police officer who is just as friendly as the teachers, he always there if there is a situation or if you just need someone to have a conversation with. The janitors not only keep the school in tip top shape they are even friendly, one time a girl was eating lunch alone and a janitor sat down with her and talked to her all through lunch. College Station High School is filled with brilliant people forming intelligent young minds, I love it here!
I loved attending CSHS from my freshman year all the way until I graduated in 2017! Despite faults that may have caught students attention I always felt welcomed and knew there was a spot for me. I loved being involved especially in the Band program! Each program at the school welcomed students to be creative, stretch themselves, and to be who they are. The atmosphere always was welcoming and each staff member and student strove to be kind to others.