College Station High School is a highly rated, public school located in College Station, TX. It has 1,612 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
College Station High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+210 Students
- A+107 Students
- C-83 Students
- B71 Students
- B+59 Students
- A-57 Students
- A55 Students
- A-48 Students
- A+47 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like College Station High School
- AA&M Consolidated High School
- College Station Independent School District, TX
- 341 reviews
- B+Mumford High School
- Mumford Independent School District, TX
- 14 reviews
- B-Snook Secondary School
- Snook Independent School District, TX
- 33 reviews
- B-Bryan High School
- Bryan Independent School District, TX
- 172 reviews
College Station High School Reviews
CStat is a wonderful high school experience! It has the competitive atmosphere that inspires students to work hard, and the rewarding feeling of succeeding in the classroom. There are great teachers that care about their students' success. I have to brag on the phenomenal arts program! This high school's success has flourished, especially being as young as it is.
I love the welcoming atmosphere for transfers, freshmen, and international students. The school is very safe and well protected despite the open construction. Speaking of the construction, I love all of the windows and various textures of the walls and floors. Each extra-cirricular room (dance, orchestra, band, theater, art, etc.) are very well-built and customized to specific activity needs. Finally, the sports facilities, courts, and fields are of higher quality and are well taken care of year round. The only improvements I would suggest is within the construction. The school is growing rapidly because of its award-winning athletics and academics, so we need more room before we become a 6A school. Maybe there should be another campus by dividing class or course categories. Also, we do not have a pool, suprisingly. Hopefully we can get a pool installed in order to have a swim team.
College Station High School is a highly competitive school in the College Station Independent School District. Our sports teams are competitive and reach state every year in tons of sports! The teachers are fantastic in some areas then there's the few odd balls that are completely unqualified, but that's every public high school. Great experience, beautiful school.