Colfax-Mingo High School is a public school located in Colfax, IA. It has 310 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Colfax-Mingo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A32 Students
- A27 Students
- B-15 Students
- B12 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-8 Students
- A7 Students
- B-7 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Colfax-Mingo High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Colfax-Mingo High School
- B-Baxter High School
- Baxter Community School District, IA
- 39 reviews
- B-Newton Senior High School
- Newton Community School District, IA
- 118 reviews
- BPCM High School
- PCM Community School District, IA
- 51 reviews
- B+Bondurant-Farrar High School
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, IA
- 132 reviews
Colfax-Mingo High School Reviews
I'm very blessed to have been able to attend Colfax-Mingo Schools. My junior year I was in the hospital and out of school for a month. I had very few nights of sleep and a grueling surgery. My teachers were unbelievably understanding. Many visited me in the hospital and they continued to work with me to get my work and tests caught up when returning to school. I feel comfortable going to them for any problems I have with school in general and even personal issues sometimes. Before winter break, our teachers had a surprise flash mob that everyone loved! Our school district as a whole is unbelievably supportive when a family is hurting. 4 months ago, a student's house burnt down, 2 months ago, our nurse's husband died, and just today, a families’ home burnt down with all 4 student attending or recently graduating from the school. In all 3 of these situations, our district and community have come together to give relief and help to those in need. Not a thing I would change.
As a small school, teachers are able to dedicate more time to individual students. Students are more engaged as a result. Sports seem to be a major priority and take priority over other programs such as music and art.
The teachers are very good and will stay late to help or make other accommodations when needed. Even though our school is small, we have a good variety of classes and are offered quite a few college credit courses. Overall, the other students are very supportive and fun to be around.