Colfax High School
- Colfax, WA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Colfax High School is an above average, public school located in Colfax, WA. It has 273 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Colfax High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus66 Students
- grade B minus44 Students
- grade C+28 Students
- grade B+26 Students
- grade A25 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B+21 Students
- grade A minus19 Students
- grade B+19 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responses
- Spirit week before our homecoming game.22%
- Student section at the State Basketball game.19%
- Ugly Sweater Day before Christmas break.19%
- Come as you are day before Christmas Break15%
- Sporting Events11%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,725 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Colfax High School
Colfax High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 46 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love the small town feel of Colfax high school, how you know everyone and everyone knows you. The teachers are all super nice and dedicated. Everyone at Colfax high school is committed 110% and it’s awesome! Some things that I wish I could change would be I wish we had better food, and I also wish we offered more classes. I know we used to offer psychology and sociology classes and I really wish we still did, I would definitely take them. Another thing I wish my school had was open campus, so we could go home to eat lunch, or go to a fast food place for our 30 minute lunch, or even if the seniors just got a designated spot to eat lunch like the seniors had in the past. Overall these changes would be nice, but even without them Colfax High school is a great school and I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else!
Colfax High was a great high school to grow up in. Bullying is scarce, the teachers really care about their students, and we learn a lot and have amazing opportunities. I made it through almost a full year of college courses through the offered College in the High School credits that I took advantage of. I learned a lot, not just about general education, but also about life in general.
Colfax high school is filled with students who love what they do and do everything. Most of the students are athletes, scholars, club members, volunteers, musicians, and more. I grew up in the school district and can say I am very grateful for all the teachers that really care about you and want you to succeed. I've received an excellent education including over 20 credits of college courses from them now as a senior in the high school. I also love my peers. I have so many friends, I don't think I can count them all. Colfax High School is a great place to learn and grow!