Colerain High School is a public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 1,855 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Colerain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-400 Students
- A187 Students
- A+176 Students
- B163 Students
- A-153 Students
- B+111 Students
- B-94 Students
- B-86 Students
- B-83 Students
- B67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Colerain High School
- B-Northwest High School
- Northwest Local School District (Cincinnati), OH
- 156 reviews
- B-Norwood High School
- Norwood City School District, OH
- 69 reviews
- B+Boone County High School
- Boone County Public Schools, KY
- 256 reviews
- B-Hamilton High School
- Hamilton City School District, OH
- 184 reviews
Colerain High School Reviews
My Colerain experience is very average. I definitely feel like it could improve a lot in the sense of our food, cleanliness, and administration. I honestly feel like a lot for could also be done in order to make students more prepared for college, like potentially forming more detailed college readiness classes. I also believe that we could potentially be more prepared for real life rather than just a constant high school environment. Our school is VERY big on sports, mainly out football team, and athough they are very good I do believe we need more focus on the music department. I myself is apart of orchestra and many times certain requests and questions are over looked. Our music room is falling apart and probably is a health hazard to all of us , in the sense that there is mold on certain parts of the ceiling. I have had some fun experiences with this school but there is room for some major improvements!
During my time at Colerain, I felt quite alone in my academic endeavors and contrastingly, quite overwhelmed with connecting with other students. During my time, I was often fending for myself scheduling classes and standardized tests, never really given much information on colleges during my senior year. The push for everyone to do well on state tests by removing students from the curriculum was often frustrating. Colerain's focus for students was to look as good as they could on paper while leaving students to drown in academics and forced into mental ruts and dangerous situations. Their focus was never on the student's future but merely the future of the state scores in March. While I managed to make some friends through the music program, I still felt very outcasted from academics and extracurriculars as they always seemed to contrast one another during the school years.
This school is different for everyone. You’ll have people who loves it, and then people who hates it. They offer a lot at the school, great staff, decent programs, fun events. There is a lot of minor setbacks like, rude classmates (which you have no control on), bullying (the school will say they’ll handle it and state that there’s a ‘no bullying policy’ yet students still get bullied), sports team that allows only specific players play the game or on the field due to favoritism, and many more. Decent high school, but for me, not my favorite. Went to a career tech school they offered and only went to get out of Colerain. Turned out I love the tech school and glad I moved. Colerain High School was still known as my home school, and still had to receive my diploma from this school.