Coldwater High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Coldwater, MI. It has 869 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Coldwater High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+71 Students
- B-52 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+43 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+36 Students
- B23 Students
- B19 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Coldwater High School
- CColon High School
- Colon Community School District, MI
- 27 reviews
- C+Reading High School
- Reading Community Schools, MI
- 9 reviews
- C+Union City High School
- Union City Community Schools, MI
- 37 reviews
- B-Quincy High School
- Quincy Community Schools, MI
- 58 reviews
Coldwater High School Reviews
Coldwater High School was a good school to attend however the atmosphere wasn't always the best for me. As far as school spirit there was a ton of it which made homecoming so much fun. Alumni even had school spirit. Coldwater High School provided me with many memories good and bad but, all of those memories have made me who I am today. As I look back I know I had some rough times in high school but, without them I would not have learned as many life lessons as I did.
Coldwater high school is not a school for those who try to be themselves. It's a school for the racist white male youth of America. Almost every month there is a shooting threat, a drug problem or a fight. Students who are not the earlier mentioned white rich males feel afraid. EVERYTHING should be changed.
I have had an amazing experience attending this school. I have had the pleasure in meeting amazing teachers that have helped me accomplish my goals and have driven me to do my best. I have grown to love and respect the teachers that have helped me achieve my best and have showed me what life really is like in the real world. I have become more open-minded and am more aware of the world we live in today. No matter how hard life is, someone is always there to help and that is what I have learned in attending this school.