Coldwater High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Coldwater, MI. It has 869 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Coldwater High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+67 Students
- B-52 Students
- B+42 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+36 Students
- A+32 Students
- B21 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Coldwater High School Reviews
Coldwater high school is not a school for those who try to be themselves. It's a school for the racist white male youth of America. Almost every month there is a shooting threat, a drug problem or a fight. Students who are not the earlier mentioned white rich males feel afraid. EVERYTHING should be changed.
I have had an amazing experience attending this school. I have had the pleasure in meeting amazing teachers that have helped me accomplish my goals and have driven me to do my best. I have grown to love and respect the teachers that have helped me achieve my best and have showed me what life really is like in the real world. I have become more open-minded and am more aware of the world we live in today. No matter how hard life is, someone is always there to help and that is what I have learned in attending this school.
When I was 17 and homeless, they directed me to a teen shelter that didn't really work out for me, and I was broke and definitely needed more help than what I received. When I attended Reading High School for my senior year, they had a homeless teen advocate that actually got me anything and everything I needed. It would have been nice to have that kind of support in Coldwater.