Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Coldspring-Oakhurst High School is a public school located in Coldspring, TX. It has 439 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B168 Students
- A+100 Students
- B91 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+82 Students
- A-80 Students
- A66 Students
- B64 Students
- A-52 Students
- B-43 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Coldspring-Oakhurst High School
- C-Cleveland High School
- Cleveland Independent School District, TX
- 124 reviews
- C+Livingston High School
- Livingston Independent School District, TX
- 133 reviews
- C+Shepherd High School
- Shepherd Independent School District, TX
- 85 reviews
- B-Goodrich High School
- Goodrich Independent School District, TX
- 10 reviews
Coldspring-Oakhurst High School Reviews
I love the creativity that there is and the teachers are extremely helpful with all subjects, the sports are extremely fun and there is alot of team work involved. We all form one big family and care about one another!
One reason I like Coldspring Oakhurst High School is how close the students, teachers, and administration are. One of the main reasons for that is because I live in a small town. I love the one-on-one time and how all of the teachers have made a personal impact on students lives. If I could change something about the school I would change the weekly vocabulary tests. I have had the same sheet of vocabulary for four years. I believe that it has been a waste of time, especially when I could be doing more college readiness.
Coldspring Oakhurst High School, contrary to popular belief, is full of experiences, the good experiences definitely outweigh the bad ones. No it is not the greatest school, but, personally, I do not think it is the worst, though there are things that they could change. Many of the policies can be viewed as "prison-like" by students that attend, although the policies are for a good cause, I think they could loosen up with some of them.