Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Cold Spring Harbor High School is a top rated, public school located in Cold Spring Harbor, NY. It has 913 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Cold Spring Harbor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+59 Students
- grade A+57 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade A+44 Students
- grade A minus38 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade A+35 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade A+35 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$36,672 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Cold Spring Harbor High School
- grade A+Blind Brook High School
- Blind Brook-Rye Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 52 reviews
- grade A+Garden City High School
- Garden City Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 120 reviews
- grade A+Wheatley School
- East Williston Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 102 reviews
- grade A+Darien High School
- Darien School District, CT
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 186 reviews
Cold Spring Harbor High School Reviews
Rating 4.17 out of 5 42 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Cold Spring Harbor High school has helped define who I am in more ways than just me education. Cold Spring Harbor High School for me is where I learned how to learn, where I learned who I was as a person, and where I learned how to make the friends that have helped me further become a better person. Unlike other schools Cold Spring Harbor's commitment to excellency and uniquely small neighborhood feel helps to establish a learning community within it. This environment than helps individuals thrive in the learning process of uncovering the challenging Honors and AP courses to which the school, and its students strive to achieve new heights within it. This two factors then helped me become who I am today. I can surely say that my experience with Cold Spring Harbor High School truly has been excellent.
Outstanding school overall: Academically, Student Quality, top Varsity Athletics including Lacrosse, Rowing/Crew, Fencing, XC, Valleyball, Swim; top student run clubs and activities, hosts Scouting activities on campus. Outstanding facility like a private school. Outstanding college readiness and placement. It is like a private school for its quality of teaching and campus facility, campus setting, and academic preparedness and college placement. The school has a small student body of 160 per class with a large school campus in an affluent suberb setting. Graduates go on to top schools including the Ivies and Service Academies with 99% college placement. About 20% go on to top 20 schools in the country. I am the school’s 4th graduate since the 1960s to attend a Service Academy, the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis.
I am a relatively new student at this school, but my experience thus far has been considerably interesting. There is awful diversity on multiple different levels. Everyone comes from around the same socio-economic background, there is very little representation of different races and ethnicities. From what I can tell, their academics are excellent, with a plethora of AP's and honors classes. The resources and facilities are very good, especially considering the school is based in a wealthier area. It feels like a safe school, but I think its secluded location and small size lessens the amount of possible danger. As someone who came in from elsewhere, I would say that the school is poor in comparison to what it could be. I would recommend working harder to build up school spirit in any way possible because at the moment it is extremely poor. I would also try to improve the framework of the administration because I feel like its weakness spreads to other areas of the school.