Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Colchester High School is a highly rated, public school located in Colchester, VT. It has 632 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Colchester High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-145 Students
- B-45 Students
- B44 Students
- A+39 Students
- B33 Students
- A+32 Students
- B+32 Students
- A25 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Colchester High School
- ASouth Burlington High School
- South Burlington School District, VT
- 179 reviews
- AEssex High School
- Essex Westford School District, VT
- 207 reviews
- B+Plattsburgh Senior High School
- Plattsburgh City School District, NY
- 78 reviews
- AChamplain Valley Union High School
- Champlain Valley Unified School District, VT
- 221 reviews
Colchester High School Reviews
I really enjoyed going to Colchester High School for my four years of high school. I loved that it was a smaller school and that the community was so close. Being apart of Laker Nation has been a blast and I have grown close with many people inside and outside the school. The teachers are great at taking the time to get to know each and every student. As a lover of watching sports, going to the games has been a blast being surrounded by my classmates and the community ready to cheer on our Laker teams!
CHS consistently encourages students to be their best and personally, I love that. There is a diverse selection of AP classes and other challenging classes to push students as well as other learning opportunities such as the Laker Learning Lab, VHS, and interesting elective classes. The extracurriculars are outstanding as well, allowing me in my three years to lead in a school musical (in a beautiful theatre), sing many a concert, travel with the tennis team, help start a mental health awareness club, and be on student council. For those who want to grow and explore, Colchester is an amazing resource to help guide you. CHS has not only prepared me for university, but also helped me grow as a person. I would honestly say that CHS has one of the most supportive school communities, as the Laker pride and spirit is loud and proud. All in all CHS is a wonderful school that is going to push you, support you, and cheer you on, creating one of the best environments a student could ask for.
I love the atmosphere that Colchester High School has to offer. The students and teachers alike are friendly and ready to help whenever need be. The administration is very hands on and likes to be apart of the student's lives. The school spirit in my experience is excellent. Students, teachers administrators, and parents always love coming to sporting events because the student section loves to cheer on their peers. The academics provides real world classes that are very helpful to life out of high school, such as financial classes and a class dedicated to taking an internship. Overall Colchester High School is a very good school with a lot to offer.