Colchester High School is a highly rated, public school located in Colchester, VT. It has 668 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Colchester High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-112 Students
- B-40 Students
- B37 Students
- A+32 Students
- B27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-18 Students
- A18 Students
- A+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Colchester High School
- ASouth Burlington High School
- South Burlington School District, VT
- 166 reviews
- AEssex High School
- Essex Westford School District, VT
- 193 reviews
- B+Plattsburgh Senior High School
- Plattsburgh City School District, NY
- 73 reviews
- AChamplain Valley Union High School
- Champlain Valley School District, VT
- 210 reviews
Colchester High School Reviews
The academics programs were very strong in regards of AP classes compared to other competing high schools. The school persisted of the main sports like soccer, football, basketball, baseball and lacrosse. The soccer team for boys and girls were one of the best teams in the state but the other sports were lacking in skill. This is partially due to the fact that the school was so small not a lot of people try out. The school should have done better to add more sports like volleyball and such. The extracurricular clubs and activities were also lacking. Not only was there a not a lot of clubs but there were also not advertised meaning it was extremely hard to join clubs.
Colchester High School is a very good school that prepared me very well for my freshman year of college. My only complaint would be the lack of certain AP classes or association with business conventions which seem common elsewhere. However, for the size of the school we did still have adequate opportunity for AP classes. Perhaps the biggest benefit to me of attending CHS was the ability to learn outside of the typical classroom, with access to a variety of online class as well as the chance to travel for classes.
I loved going to CHS. I thought it was an incredible place to grow up. I feel like the school really prepared me for the rest of my life. Amy Minor was an amazing principal, and now she is superintendant, and I feel this will really make Colchester even better. The classes were great, the teachers were smart and really cared about me. If I ever have kids in Vermont, I want them to go to Colchester!