Colby Senior High School is a public school located in Colby, KS. It has 271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A74 Students
- B71 Students
- A53 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-31 Students
- B20 Students
- B+13 Students
- B11 Students
- A-10 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Colby Senior High School Reviews
I liked that Colby Senior High School was a small school so you knew everyone. It was like a family going to school. Especially since you go to school with the same people for all your life. Also, I liked the clubs and activities at CHS. There was an art club that I really liked and our Student Council was also very strong. Since we had a strong Student Council we had the best dances like homecoming and snowball. Also out homecoming football and spirit week was awesome. The teachers at CHS are all very friendly and know the students by their names. If a student ever needs help they can get help from any teacher before or after school.
I'm a senior at Colby High School. I have attended all four years of my high school career. I've been involved in many activities such as various volunteer groups, sports, and artistic clubs. All of which, have been led by CHS teachers and faculty. The staff is very helpful and understanding of the students and my peers have been extremely supportive here during my time at CHS. We have many useful resources such as a community college a block away which helps significantly. No high school is perfect, but my time at Colby High School is something I'll never forget.
I did not like this school. As a student I found it very hard to get ahead at my school because of the higher positions ruling everything. The school is full of lies and corruption. Also, the school system cares more about funding the superintendent than it cares about actually funding the school. There is hardly any class electives that could prepare you for life. With that being said, I love the student body. We have really stepped up to try and make a difference when we were allowed to.