Colby High School is a public school located in Colby, WI. It has 289 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Colby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+12 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B6 Students
- A+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Colby High School Reviews
My overall experience with Colby High School is very good in my opinion. I wouldn't say it's excellent, because it has its flaws, but it isn't terrible either. The teachers are very good. They connect with their students and teach the curriculum very well. We students learn everything needed for college. Our technology, however, isn't very fast. We have computers that take up to 30 minutes to turn on, and they are older too. The food at Colby High School is average, and we don't have a great deal of diversity either, but overall, my experience has been very good.
It was an awesome school with a great music program. The music teacher goes way above and beyond expectations. The parents and other staff get involved in it. The sports programs area excellent. Basketball and Cross Country and Track are all sports I participated in. The FFA program was fantastic. I was able to participate at the National Level and got to be really involved. The principal was very approachable and kind. She helped me with any problems that I had.
My school's teachers keep the students engaged in the learning process. And actually can trick us into learning more than we ever thought we could. If we have a question, the teachers are always able to explain. I have one teacher who answers every single one of my questions, and honestly I ask probably about 12 daily even if it doesn't pertain to the assignment or topic, and she doesn't get annoyed with it like some teachers may. The grading consistency is a little wary but most of the teachers grade fairly based on what was turned in.