Cohoes High School is a public school located in Cohoes, NY. It has 516 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Cohoes High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+30 Students
- B+21 Students
- B15 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B8 Students
- A-7 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Cohoes High School
- B-Waterford Junior/Senior High School
- Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District, NY
- 23 reviews
- BStillwater Middle/High School
- Stillwater Central School District, NY
- 35 reviews
- C+Mechanicville Junior/Senior High School
- Mechanicville City School District, NY
- 28 reviews
- B-Lansingburgh Senior High School
- Lansingburgh Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
Cohoes High School Reviews
The past four years at CHS has been a roller coaster of emotions there’s days I can’t stand that school and days I absolutely love it. One aspect of the school I have continually loved throughout my high school career is the teachers they have always been there and have been so supportive to all the students. Another plus is the increase in diversity that i was exposed to, if i had went to a different school i wouldn’t get that exposure . However there are many changes that can be made like stiffer consequences, cleaner facilities, better food, etc.
The most positive experience I had with Cohoes High School was an outside program with BOCES, New Visions: Journalism and Media. This program truly prepared me for college and gave me lifelong skills and memories. I felt productive in this program, constantly writing and creating content. I met so many people and created networks for future connections. When it comes to CHS, however, I feel that my experience in classes was completely underwhelming and did not prepare me for the future in the least. The only class that really challenged me was Calculus my senior year. The community was not particularly positive and I felt stifled by the culture of CHS.
The college and dual-credit courses the school has to offer really help when going and applying to college. The teachers are very helpful, understanding, and nice if you respect them.