Coginchaug Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Durham, CT. It has 547 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Coginchaug Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A94 Students
- B49 Students
- B-48 Students
- B-38 Students
- B36 Students
- A+28 Students
- B-28 Students
- A27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Coginchaug Regional High School
- B-Nathan Hale-Ray High School
- East Haddam School District, CT
- 108 reviews
- B+East Hampton High School
- East Hampton School District, CT
- 71 reviews
- B+Southington High School
- Southington School District, CT
- 272 reviews
- B+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- 53 reviews
Coginchaug Regional High School Reviews
Teachers are driven by politics. School used to be a great place for Durham and Middlefield kids but it’s gone so downhill. I transferred out of here for my JR and SR year and have no regrets. You can’t succeed here unless you suck up to the teachers and be their puppets. Teachers made me feel awful here and I never really wanted to work hard for any of them. I had a math teacher my sophomore year who allowed kids to treat me poorly in class and allowed jokes to be made about my personal life. The school has a few great teachers that I loved and had some amazing guidance but for the most part I struggled here academically and emotionally. This school has gone so downhill, and a lot of kids I know are transferring out and I don’t blame them. The middle school down the street isn’t any better. The school is creating and graduating kids that are unprepared for reality. I benefitted very much by leaving coginchaug and I encourage others to do the same.
There was great classes offered to every student and lots of good opportunities for each student. The Core Ethical Values displayed in every classroom, Respect, Responsibility, Courage, Honesty, and Kindness, are the core rules of the district and help students on the right track to their futures.
I have had a very good experience with CRHS. Through our well-taught core classes and wide variety of electives in science, social studies, athletics, math, fine arts, culinary arts, and more I feel that I have gained valuable knowledge that will truly benefit me in my future at college and beyond.