Coffee County High School is an above average, public school located in Douglas, GA. It has 1,339 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Coffee County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+190 Students
- A+178 Students
- NG158 Students
- B+150 Students
- B+87 Students
- B78 Students
- C+66 Students
- A+61 Students
- C53 Students
- B-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Coffee County High School Reviews
Coffee High School is a great place to learn! From my experience, most teachers know exactly what to teach and how to teach it. There's not much that I would change about the school. One of my only problems is that you only have 5 minutes to change classes. Since we have many students at our school, the halls get extremely crowded in some areas and it is hard to work through them. Sometimes, 5 minutes is not enough time to get across the school. Overall, I think the school is great!
My experience here was very memorable. I like the dedication teachers show when are teaching because they want each student to understand what is being discussed. Another thing I liked about Coffee County High School is how it offers the students to enroll in college classes, so they can get a start into reaching their career. One thing I would change would be the school's security. I believe that it is important to increase the security in our schools so that no tragedy would ever occur.
I love coffee High! It’s made me such a better person as well as student. All of the teachers and staff are amazing and they all prepare us to do our best. I would like to see some of the parents get more involved with our school.