Coeur D'Alene Charter Academy
- Public, Charter
- COEUR D'ALENE, ID
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade C minus
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D
Coeur D'Alene Charter Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in COEUR D'ALENE, ID. It has 672 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Coeur D'Alene Charter Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+93 Students
- grade B58 Students
- grade A44 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
- grade B+37 Students
- grade A33 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Coeur D'Alene Charter Academy
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Picnic day, we can bring whatever and no uniforms53%
- Spirit Week18%
- none of them are fun12%
- Fundraising activites6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
No data available
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Coeur D'Alene Charter Academy Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 137 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school truly prepares its students for the coming hardships called college. I have been attending CDA Charter since 6th grade, and, although it challenges the students every step of the way, the rewards of having a great education and building leadership abilities make the difficult journey worth it! I would highly recommend this school for high schoolers who are planning to attend college, and for any middle schoolers who want to get a jump on their education early.
Education wise, Charter is an amazing school, though it's clear that it's not suited for everyone. Besides students who don't put effort into school, Charter has been very hard for both me and my family as a someone with mental illness and disability. I'm autistic and also suffer from severe anxiety, ptsd and am recovering from depression. I loved this school until about 8th-9th grade. While some teachers are amazing, others clearly could care less about the students. On multiple occasions I've been told that I was just lazy, or that I should put my studies before mental health. Multiple teachers have also made jokes about very heavy topics that shouldn't be mentioned in a school setting no matter what. Despite bringing this up multiple times it has continuously been ignored. If you're a smart neurotypical kid who has no struggles completing work, this school is great, but for the top school in Idaho it reeks of ableism and immaturity.
Honestly, although they are a great school education wise, make sure that you factor in personal life and mental health. Although I have had fun and made great friends, my personal life really has taken a toll, especially since the ever increasing homework load keeps me awake late into the night pretty often. After years of schooling, this has become the norm but so has anxiety and a feeling of loss for the traditional high school experience. I can only hope that going here can help give me some good scholarships when I go off to college so that the hours of work I put in can be rewarded with a good future. Just make sure to consider other things than scholarly aspects when considering this school.