Coe-Brown Northwood Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Northwood, NH. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-173 Students
- B-87 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-48 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+38 Students
- B-37 Students
- B34 Students
- B34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Coe-Brown Northwood Academy
- AOyster River High School
- Oyster River Cooperative School District, NH
- 126 reviews
- BProspect Mountain High School
- Public School
- Alton, NH
- 165 reviews
- B+Concord High School
- Concord School District, NH
- 410 reviews
- BPembroke Academy
- Pembroke School District, NH
- 172 reviews
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy Reviews
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy thoroughly prepares it's students for their life after high school. The English and History Departments focus on college-style essays and reading analysis to prepare college bound students for success. Coe Brown also has a large Vocational Department, with classes in welding, automotive work, forestry, and agriculture. This prepares many students that are not college-bound to get high paying and rewarding jobs when they leave high school. Similar to the curriculum, the teachers are also highly effective. Almost all of the teachers seem to thoroughly enjoy their jobs, and they are proficient in teaching all of their courses. This is especially true for the History Department, where the teachers are all highly passionate about the subjects that they teach. That is all, thank you.
Coe-Brown is a fantastic school. The teachers are all highly motivated and create an engaging and beneficial environment for the students. One of the best aspects is how well they prepare student for life after high school, specifically preparing for success at the college level!
I am extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to go to such an amazing school. I have had such an amazing time here and am so sad to leave. The whole community is amazing and I was able to make many friendships at this school. The teachers are also amazing and are always there to help, even if it is not school related. I have also had the opportunity to play soccer which is definitely my favorite time of year. I recommend this school to anyone who had the option to go here, because you will not regret it! Again, I am beyond thankful that I was able to attend CBNA. If I could go back and do it over again, I would!