Cody High School is an above average, public school located in Cody, WY. It has 604 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Cody High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-151 Students
- B94 Students
- B+49 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-28 Students
- B-26 Students
- B23 Students
- A23 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Cody High School Reviews
Cody high school is a great school. The teachers are good and do their best to help the students progress. I feel safe when I am in class, I am never uncomfortable or feel the need to leave. I think it is a wonderful learning environment. Also, the community is involved in extracurricular activities and is a great support to the school and students. I have enjoyed the opportunity of being able to attend Cody High School. The only thing I would like to see a change in the future is that it would go back to being semesters instead of trimesters.
Cody High School is a pretty basic High School in Wyoming. You'll find all shades of white that are predominantly focused on sports, trucks, and dip. The Academics, average at best, do offer some phenomenal teacher's and courses but are usually cut due to budget or the due to the school board's disgruntlement. Although the administration preaches about how important college is, there is almost no trace of help available (even sending out my transcript was a nightmare). Safety was alright, although only a fragment of the teachers worried about bullying. The food, like any public school, was filling but, well, not food(?). The pros? They gave you a MacBook (or later on an iPad).
I believe there are teachers at Cody High who care about students, however I think that there are some who are there simply because they are just there to work. You really have to put yourself out there to make connections with teachers, however there are some who really care about your learning and are willing to help