Cobre High School is a public school located in Bayard, NM. It has 356 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Cobre High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+138 Students
- C+126 Students
- B109 Students
- A-54 Students
- A52 Students
- B-26 Students
- B+23 Students
- B-22 Students
- B20 Students
- A+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Cobre High School Reviews
My experience at Cobre High School was very welcoming! Everybody knows everybody and there's never an unfamiliar face. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the fullest to giving the best possible education. There is many extra-curricular activities and traditions that keep everyone active in school functions. I have made so many memories here and overall have enjoyed my time here.
Cobre High has school spirit and many students get involved in activities that the school has. However, Cobre has limited clubs and activities. Cobre High is a small school, so everyone knows each other. Some changes I would like to see for Cobre High are a remodeled building, more college readiness, better clubs and activities, and better school lunches.
This school is amazing! The school is very unique. It has a Cobre High Restoration Club, which is to help make Cobre students and fans participate more at athletic events. There is also a Safe School Ambassadors Club, which students are picked by teachers to participate in this club. The members of this club work together to prevent bullying, and fights from happening. I would definitely go to this school again if I could do it all over.