Cobleskill-Richmondville High School is an above average, public school located in Richmondville, NY. It has 524 students in grades 1-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Cobleskill-Richmondville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+25 Students
- B24 Students
- A17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A16 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-13 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Cobleskill-Richmondville High School
- C+Schoharie High School
- Schoharie Central School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- BCanajoharie Senior High School
- Canajoharie Central School District, NY
- 53 reviews
- B-Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School
- Middleburgh Central School District, NY
- 29 reviews
- C+Cherry Valley-Springfield Junior/Senior High School
- Cherry Valley-Springfield Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 19 reviews
Cobleskill-Richmondville High School Reviews
This school is dysfunctional. This school should change how it treats students with mental and physical health issues. School nurse is rude to those who come in more than 4 times a year. Guidance staff does not care about the student. Most teachers are rude and unwilling to help those falling behind. If you are unable to participate in gym class for an extended amount of time, you are required to write 6 paged essays every two weeks. The staff allows the use of certain tobacco products. There is a specialized program that is supposedly a credit-recovery program, where those students are in mainstream classes, yet have less homework to do and do not have to participate in gym classes. Many students use drugs in the student bathrooms.
While growing up in this school, I learned that everything has its ups and downs. The classes were manageable to push through and yet enough of a challenge to keep even the less interested students focused on the class or subject. Teachers treated everyone fairly most of the time, yet some may need to update their teaching habits to help students better understand the topic at hand. Overall, I couldn’t see myself becoming who I am today without this school and I’m grateful for everything that this school has to offer.
My high school experience is coming to an end and looking back it has been a fun and memorable journey. The school offers curricular activities for students of many different interests. I feel as though I have been able to ready myself for college by taking numerous college classes at the school. It is not a huge school by any means but that means that everyone knows eachother and teaches are able to devote more time to each student who needs help. Overall I have enjoyed my time at this high school, and it is a place I will miss.