Cobble Hill School of American Studies Reviews

My experience at cobble hill of American studies was interesting. I learned a lot about the environment of the school. Many teachers were good and made sure I stayed focus throughout the year. Although there were many problems throughout my 4 years going there I managed to stay focus and strive to get my diploma in June 2019.
My experience At Cobble Hill was Good. I personally liked the school a lot, there’s many trips and the teachers care about your learning. However this is a very small school with not so great sports and clubs.
When people start high school they’re usually so excited. They can’t wait to experience everything that comes with being in high school. Everyone says that high school is the best four years of your life. Now that I’ve graduated, I can’t say they were my best years but I can say they were my most educational years of my life. I wouldn’t say that they weren’t fun because they were hilarious. B when I say educational, I mean I’ve learned so much about myself and about life. I learned what the words family, love, betrayal and life meant. All these events changed me, and I’m glad they happened because it helped me grow as a person.
Start Your Review of Cobble Hill School of American Studies
I enjoy the college readiness preparation, as well as the many opportunities provided to me, such as the educational trips, avid program, supplies offered for maximum learning experience.
Cobble Hill High School Is A School Where You Can Explore All Your Options ! It’s Very Active In Events , Wants To See Their Studens Excel And Graduate On Time Or Early
Very small school with staff members who strive to make sure students achieve success. I think the best part of it is that they are always on top of us to do our best. Every possible way for improvement is given to us, and its like we are all a family. The level of challenges are easy to over come because of the constant reminder that persistent is key
My experience at cobble Hill wasn’t What I hoped for . They said that they had a lot of activities and sports for the females which was a lie.Most of the sports were for males. The students are failing and no body is helping them get back up by providing extra help. The school has a lot of favoritism, and that upsets many students. The Board of ED is thinking about shutting this school down.
The staff,students, and administration are all friendly and very helpful. The teachers are always there for you and help you with your academics when they see you falling behind, and the college readiness program helps nervous students feel more at ease once they begin their college process. Overall, these last four years attending Cobble Hill Highschool of American Studies has made me proud of and helped to shape me into the person that I have become today.
I came to Cobble Hill at the start of my senior year. Overall, I thought it was an average school, there want anything extremely special about it. Some teacher were actually invested in helping students learn, while other didn't particularly care to much. The principal was a dictator She often null and void any idea the senior class presented to her, therefore I didn't get the actual "Senior Experience." In accordance to environment was the school is okay. The building is small and the students are rowdy. School sponsors allowed us to go on trip to Washington and Six Flag, all of which were paid for. They also had access to go equipment for educational purposes like Macbooks and printers. I was able to do work, surf the internet and even use the printer. The school definitely makes sure you have access to things you need in order to be successful.
I attended Cobble Hill High School for the past four years and I come to realize that this school is Just like any other school in Brooklyn.
Cobble Hill was actually not a bad school to attend. I received a really good education here and I was fortunate enough to bond with a lot of my teachers. Since it is a small school, there are not many options when it comes to things like sports, and academic diversity. One downside was that you don't really get prepared for college until the end of your Junior year into your Senior year. They focus a lot on SAT prep and applying to State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) because there are fee waivers for those schools. The counselors do not really prepare you on how to apply to colleges out of state and as a result I did not apply to any. I would say, I was not completely ready for college despite having a good GPA. College prep was definitely lacking when I was a student there.
Cobble Hill needs improvement in teacher to student relationships. Most students in the school don't follow rules. They smoke and participate in gang activities. This school is not safe for students who care about their education.
What I like about Cobble is its college readiness for its students. The guidance counselor pushes their students to the limits of staying in school, taking all of their regents, and encouraging them to pass all of their classes. What I like to see change is for the school to have more sports activities and more involvemtne after school programs.
Cobble Hill is a small school however they are a lot of great things such as great teachers, administration and safety staff. Me as senior, I experienced a lot in the school, teachers make sure that you college ready and for the real world.
The teachers cared for your education. However , they babied us and didn’t prepare us for college nor did they prepare us well enough for the NYS regents.
Cobble Hill High School of American Studies is a small community, and you can only get the best out of it, if you make the best oust out of every single opportunity offered. If your specified grade counselor refers yo to a well known or national program join it! You can wait for things to be handed to you in this school, you have to inquire about them.
Attending Cobble Hill School of American Studies has certainly been a great experience. From the classrooms to the teachers, the learning experience I have been able to go through was tremendous help and has led me on a path where I am destined for greater things. Although, the work may be tough, the teachers are understanding enough to make sure that all of their students are on the same level of comprehension in order for everyone to succeed in that learning environment.
Start Your Review of Cobble Hill School of American Studies
At Cobble Hill high school my experience was ok and it could definitely have been better. What I enjoyed about the school was the different after school activities that they offered. The clubs I really enjoyed were the crochet club, moot court and mock trial. Even though the school had good after schools activities however they lacked of treating the students like we were students other than money fro the state. Teachers had to pay out of pocket to buy us stuff and when I was in the 12th grade every student had a mandatory full schedule. A lot of students were giving classes they did not need. A teacher told me that the new principle did that to us because the school receive money with every class a student is taking.
I do have to say that my experience has been very positive...although not one of the top rated schools, I applied myself so that I can be a top rated student. I did my best knowing that my education was my top priority. I had some really great teachers who had my best interest at heart and wanted to ensure that I was successful. I am graduating with an over 85 average and that I am very proud of.
Staff was beyond helpful to me as a transfer student. The atmosphere was welcoming.
I would like to see more diversity in the type of teachers and implementation of new programs that will help high school students focus on their future career path early.