Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Coatesville Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Coatesville, PA. It has 910 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Coatesville Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-292 Students
- B280 Students
- A+235 Students
- A151 Students
- A-150 Students
- B141 Students
- B110 Students
- A+100 Students
- B-90 Students
- C+88 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Coatesville Area Senior High School
- B-Oxford Area High School
- Oxford Area School District, PA
- 307 reviews
- B-Octorara Area Junior/Senior High School
- Octorara Area School District, PA
- 115 reviews
- BGarden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- 157 reviews
- B+Pequea Valley High School
- Pequea Valley School District, PA
- 120 reviews
Coatesville Area Senior High School Reviews
I am a senior at Coatesville Area Senior High School. For the most part I have had an amazing experience at Coatesville. I have lived here all of my life and gone through the Coatesville Area School district K-12. The only issue I would acknowledge is the administration at the high school and the school board. Issues during the pandemic have not been resolved even though they have had 8 months to plan a return to school. The 2020-2021 school year has been very difficult for many students and administration has not been making it an easier. Other than that, Coatesville has a bad reputation that just doesn't so it justice. It has great diversity and a great community.
What I love most about Coatesville is that it is a very unified school district. This past year, a teacher's daughter had cancer. Our response was to wear yellow at football games and to school to symbolize our support for the teacher and his family. If I could change one thing about Coatesville it would probably be the current math program. Coatesville uses CPM, which stands for College Prep Math. CPM requires students to learn math in groups by teaching each other. It minimizes teacher instruction and the textbooks lack examples. There has been a movement among parents and teachers to remove this program, but so far nothing has been done. I am hoping that it will be removed in the future.
My experience was fantastic! So many course choices, excellent teachers, and opportunities to explore different pathways for career readiness.