Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Coalinga High School is a public school located in Coalinga, CA. It has 1,175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Coalinga High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B197 Students
- C-160 Students
- A+106 Students
- A88 Students
- A+84 Students
- C+67 Students
- A-66 Students
- A-64 Students
- A64 Students
- A63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Coalinga High School Reviews
Coalinga High School is an outstanding High School. The environment, teachers, classes everything is just great. The school has a lot of programs that help develop experience for real world situations. Teachers and staff member are supportive and are checking up with those who need help. They make sure to go over safety rules with us and want to see each and every one of their students safe. There's a lot of athletics in our school and it's the same how the support system that all the sports in the school get. There's high school students, college students, and parents that go to the games and also support the student athletes. I really like the support teachers give and the help they also stay to give after school for students who are struggling with a subject or failed a test so they can retake them. Coalinga High School helped me get back on track and I am happy with this school and what they do, wouldn't have wanted to spend my high school years anywhere else!
Great environment! Very supportive staff, teachers, administrators, counselors, and so on. Very promoted clubs and volunteer opportunities in the community. Great sports programs! A very great traditional community to be apart of. Always up to date with daily bulletin both posted in the halls and read every morning.
I enjoy almost everything about my school. I do have problems though with transportation and the food provided because it is not always the best having to wake up early and eating the same thing every week. The teachers care for the students and there is equal opportunities when choosing which classes, clubs, and sports to participate in.