Coahoma High School is an above average, public school located in Coahoma, TX. It has 231 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Coahoma High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-35 Students
- C+26 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+17 Students
- B+12 Students
- A11 Students
- B-11 Students
- A9 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Coahoma High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Coahoma High School Reviews
The school culture is amazing. Many students start from Kindergarten and all grow together so there’s a sense of family. On the other hand though administration and student involvement in changes is poor. Many students feel as though their voices aren’t heard by the administration. The facilities are quite old and with age comes some malfunction. We have quite the infestation of crickets at this time of year but so does every other school in our district. The teachers are about average with a few that excel at their jobs. The teachers and students all have good connections making classes more enjoyable for both parties. School spirit is high and though our teams be amazing the effort and drive is there to be their very best. The coaches whole heartedly want the best for every athlete that walks through the schools and will push them to be the best that they can. Growing up in Coahoma has given me a sense of community and a support system that I greatly appreciate.
The great thing about Coahoma High School is the driven motivation for the students education, well-being, and future. They are always pushing us to do better in our daily activities at school and out of school. We have a motto for every school year and this year it is "BFND" and it stands for "Bulldogs Fight, Never Die." It may sound cliche to say, but the motivation is tremendous this year. Students are going above and beyond. As a senior, apart of many clubs and activities, I have seen the student involvement grow. Always positive attitudes and willing to help. The teachers are great as well, I ask them daily for help with college stuff.... like help finding scholarships, calming me down when I am overthinking stuff, and preparing me for bigger things to come. Coahoma High School will always be home to me and I hope it can be a home to many others.
Coahoma High has a wonderful staff, who are always willing to help. Although I graduated in 2015, I wouldn't have wanted to graduate from anywhere else. I always had mentors to guide me along whatever life threw at me. I was very involved in many school activities such as Student council, band, cheerleading, FCCLA and many more. Overall, a great home-town feel.