Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Coahoma High School is a public school located in Coahoma, TX. It has 265 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Coahoma High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-48 Students
- A-34 Students
- C31 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+22 Students
- B+16 Students
- A13 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+10 Students
- A10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Coahoma High School Reviews
My experience at Coahoma High School has been enjoyable since the first day. I transferred from a school that I was not very happy at due to many variables, however I was immediately accepted as a new student. My peers, along with the teachers and staff, were welcoming and friendly from the beginning, supporting me and pushing me to put forth the best aspects of myself. Without the sense of work ethic and dedication that this school has instilled in me, I would be a very different person. I'll forever be thankful for the experience and education that I have received while attending this exceptional high school.
My experience with Coahoma High School has been average. It's fairly small so everyone knows who you. You never feel lonely or out of the circle. They have a lot of school pride, which is really good. However, only for certain things. They have a lot of support for bigger extracurriculars like popular sports, FFA, and band. However smaller sports and extracurriculars, like theatre, are left feeling forgotten.
The school culture is amazing. Many students start from Kindergarten and all grow together so there’s a sense of family. On the other hand though administration and student involvement in changes is poor. Many students feel as though their voices aren’t heard by the administration. The facilities are quite old and with age comes some malfunction. We have quite the infestation of crickets at this time of year but so does every other school in our district. The teachers are about average with a few that excel at their jobs. The teachers and students all have good connections making classes more enjoyable for both parties. School spirit is high and though our teams be amazing the effort and drive is there to be their very best. The coaches whole heartedly want the best for every athlete that walks through the schools and will push them to be the best that they can. Growing up in Coahoma has given me a sense of community and a support system that I greatly appreciate.