C.M. Russell High School is an above average, public school located in Great Falls, MT. It has 1,484 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
C.M. Russell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+221 Students
- B-188 Students
- B-92 Students
- B-60 Students
- B+57 Students
- B51 Students
- A+35 Students
- C+34 Students
- C29 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
C.M. Russell High School Reviews
So far I have deeply enjoyed my experience at CMR. I just started here this August as a transfer student and the community has been overwhelmingly welcoming. During the XC season, I connected with some individuals whom taught me the basics of CMR traditions and made it their mission to include everyone. Not only do the students create a welcoming environment, but the wide array of extra curricular activities offered ensures that everyone has a hobby they can delve into. The teachers here want to teach. Staff at CMR have devoted hours and hours to the betterment of their students, and I am eternally grateful. Like any other school, changes can be made to improve. Unfortunately the school can not really do much about the treatment teachers are given. Some kids are just flat out rude. I wish kids respected their elders and advisers more. The student government could also be more open to new members. But, overall, CMR is a lovely school and I look forward to my senior year. Go Rustlers!
CMR has many wonderful teachers and faculty. Not only are they very kind, they are very resourceful, educated, and helpful. As an honors and AP student involved in many extracurricular, I have experienced how much these teachers have to give and the time they are willing to sacrifice to help their students. The fine arts, especially the music programs are extremely strong and supportive and over I would definitely recommend.
Overall, my experience was good. My high school experience was neither amazing nor horrible. The school has plenty of available resources and classes for different interests. The staff is helpful and overall adequate. One thing I would like to see improve is the teaching staff. Some teachers need more training in teaching techniques and classroom efficiency.