Clovis High School is a public school located in Clovis, NM. It has 1,685 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Clovis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-317 Students
- B262 Students
- B174 Students
- A-150 Students
- C+128 Students
- B77 Students
- A+52 Students
- A-44 Students
- A39 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Clovis High School Reviews
Clovis High School is unique and diverse high school with many hard to find oppurtunities. We have two CTSO Programs that help students develop skills for life. We have national honor society that helps students fulfill their duties as leaders. We have amazing award winning Clubs like the 6 straight time marching Band State champions. Our football team, tennis, soccer, track all athletics work very hard and help students focus more on academics and the importance of self perseverance and team-work. Our faculty they really wanna help the students but they can be strict on certain things and sometimes our policies are unfair. Overall Clovis High Schools isn't a perfect school but we're definetly not the worst high school there is.
My experience at Clovis High School could have been better. The teachers and administrators work very well with you, I got really sick my senior year and was hospitalized for two weeks, my teachers and the administrators did everything they could to make sure I was able to graduate. The athletics at Clovis High are based on favorites not on your ability to play. The academics are based on common core and should be more focused on real life skills.
Overall a pretty decent school but they could up their academics. There could be more efficient scheduling. As well there are some faculty who teach on very different levels for the same class, teaching styles are understandably different but you should have the same chance of passing a class despite the teacher you have. There are also times when unnecessary rules are put into place instead of them focusing on the aspects that are really important to the overall success and functioning of the school.