Cloudcroft High School is an above average, public school located in Cloudcroft, NM. It has 126 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Cloudcroft High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B42 Students
- C21 Students
- B20 Students
- B-9 Students
- A7 Students
- A-7 Students
- A-7 Students
- B-5 Students
- C+5 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Cloudcroft High School Reviews
Everyone is so friendly here! People know one another and will willingly accept others. It feels like you are more of person in this school rather than another name and number on an attendance sheet. Teachers are willing to help with any questions. Even though the mountains might make it hard to get places during the winter, Cloudcroft does not lack in sports and extra-curricular activities.
I have been attending Cloudcroft schools ever since the fourth grade. With in this time, my experience has been a great one. Teachers have been supportive and so have other parents. I have never had any issues with my teachers and since it is a small school, there is more of a one-on-one relationship between the teachers and students. If I have questions over class work or life events in general, they are always more than happy to help me out at the best of their ability. My teachers/coaches always know if something is bothering me or if I am struggling and do the best that they can to help me improve. All my teachers have always helped me along the way and have given me the knowledge needed in order to become successful in anything that I choose to do. They always encourage me to go above and beyond what is expected. I feel that this is the true role of a teacher because if they were to always shut an individual down, the student would feel that their education no longer serves a purpose. Other parents have even seen potential in my future and have been more than supportive. Some of these parents have even seen higher expectations for me than I have for myself. With having supportive teachers and parents in my school, I have realized that there is a much larger future for me than I would have ever thought.
My favorite part of high school was band. I think it's what made me get out of my shell and it really helped me make a lot of great friends. Athletics were also fun, but sometimes the parents of everyone participating were too competitive. The school itself was great, because there weren't very many people in each class, so everyone was very close.