Cloquet Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cloquet, MN. It has 724 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Cloquet Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+102 Students
- A+89 Students
- B64 Students
- B-49 Students
- B37 Students
- B-36 Students
- C+34 Students
- A+34 Students
- B33 Students
- A-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Cloquet Senior High School
- BSuperior High School
- Superior School District, WI
- 133 reviews
- BDenfeld High School
- Duluth Public School District, MN
- 42 reviews
- BHermantown Senior High School
- Hermantown Public School District, MN
- 82 reviews
- B-Carlton Secondary School
- Carlton Public School District, MN
- 36 reviews
Cloquet Senior High School Reviews
Overall, most teachers were adequate at teaching. Some teachers went above and beyond what is expected whereas some could've improved at their jobs significantly. For being a smaller sized school, CHS surprisingly excels year after year in the sports department. One of the major critiques that I would like to point out, is the lack of nutritional lunches. Majority of the lunches that the school serves consist of small portions and have hardly any nutritional value. On the contrary, Cloquet Senior High does a great job of offering a variety of college courses for almost every school subject. However, I do think that they could add some more science electives. My personal experience at Cloquet Senior High School was not the greatest in all honesty. There is a lack of diversity in the school, and the students are not very welcoming and kind to one another.
Cloquet Senior High school was a great place to experience high school. I made many great friends. My teachers were all very supportive and they genuinely cared about our success in their courses. My sports coaches also gave unconditional support. Being a small rural town, we don’t have a lot of diversity, but we do have many Native Americans learning with us at our school because of Fond du Lac Reservation’s close proximity to Cloquet.
Cloquet is a school that values academics, the arts, and athletics equally. The teachers help the students who ask for help, the guidance counselors try and reach out to the ones who sit in the back of the class, and the general staff is friendly and approachable. The only thing I would have changed in my time at Cloquet is that there were more culinary classes available for students like me who have an interest in that field. I am glad I attended Cloquet because they pushed me to be more and offered me more opportunities than I would have gotten anywhere else.